Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/1/2005 9:29:13 AM EDT
this is the rommy kit with yugo folder that centerfire was selling last weekend, never have seen a big red G on a ak before, its cut into the metal, anyone know what it means???http://www.fairysnmypond.com/New_Folder/Picture%20058.jpg
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, all of the Romanian kits have the red "G" on them.  There's been a lot of discussion on this board and others as to the meaning behind the "G".  There seems to be about 1001 theories on it out there.  Most think it stands for Garda.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually the first wave of Romy kits did not have the "G" on them.  I have some of both.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
yes i have some more rommy kits that dont have the big red g, i thought i had special kit here, oh well, first one i*ve had that looks new.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Actually the first wave of Romy kits did not have the "G" on them.  I have some of both.

Do the kits without the G have the black stripe on the stock? What are the years of manufacture of the ones with out the G?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Gonad!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
garbage?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]
They're most likely semi-automatic versions. More discussion here..

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249062

I know with two of the kits i got that had disconnectors, the disconnectors were semi-auto versions. The tail was there, but it was too short, and they were too wide to allow the use of a rate reducer.

However, the two kits from dpharms came with rate reducers, but no disconnector, so i have no idea about those.

But still, even with all the other full auto stuff in there, if you trim the disconnector it will be semi-auto no matter what. This would explain why they could have been semi-auto rifles, but still have all the full auto parts. Why tool up for new parts for your semi-autos when all you have to do is modify one part?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]
G spot
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do the kits without the G have the black stripe on the stock? What are the years of manufacture of the ones with out the G?

I'd be interested in knowing what the arsenal mark on the trunnion is as well. Most of the G kits have an empty triangle.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
G spot

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:10:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I've got a '79 with arrow in triangle arsenal mark. It has the G on the RSB and the black band on the stock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:03:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Maaybe they put it there just to drive us crazy trying to figure it out. And they are all laughing about it as we speak.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top