Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/27/2005 8:45:30 AM EDT
ordered a ak jig about 3 weeks ago and have not seen the jig, just wondering if he is still in busness, hasnt hit my card yet, did do a approval, just checking.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know which jig you bought but the one I ordered about 3 weeks ago showed up today.  There was a mix up on my address or something.  You should email him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered all of the jigs except the barrell one..

Got two emails...

I replied to one..still waiting to here back..

Will keep you posted..
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
He's a busy guy.

I've had a flat bending jig on order for several weeks and he emailed me the other day stating it was almost ready to ship.

It's just one of those things.  He makes tools in batches and then ships them out.  I think he rarely has any of his own tools in stock- the plinker's jigs come directly from Plinker.

I'm in no hurry so I don't care.  I talked to him on the phone several weeks ago and trust him.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah i*m in no hurry myself, i have emailed him, gives me time to stock up on flats,heheeh.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Curtis'll do you right. I got a flat bending jig and barrel jig from him in about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Curtis is great to deal with.  He is extremly busy.  I wouldn't worry at all.

srt205
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a rivet jig 2 weeks ago.  Haven't received it yet but I am not worried.  I emailed him several times with questions before I placed my order and he answered them all very quickly.  BTW as Eyegun said the Plinker's jig comes straight from Pliker.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#8]
AK stuff is his hobby job, he has to keep his daytime customers happy too.  Go to his website, he puts the latest news there.  For all those new to building and looking for advice and tools, don't be in a hurry.  I got my first kit in April, finished it late July. Some of this sort of stuff comes fast, most of it takes forever. Patience is tough when you're building something as cool as an AK, but it'll all be worth it.  Plus, you'll have time to read up on others' mistakes, so you won't make them.  Lastly, good quality tool will get you a better end product.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been helping Curtis the last couple of weeks and I assure you guys, he hasn't forgotten about you.  He is a one man operation and has a very limited shop.  We worked up the parts for 36 bending jigs and he is welding and shipping as fast as is humanly possible.  It is amasing how many enthusiast there are out there.   He is doing the best he can, unlike some other vendors who don't send product and will not respond to e-mail or phone calls.  Hang in there the wait is worth it!
Dave
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Check his web page. He has an explanation up there right now for the delays. I'm going to call him at 3:00 am and say, "Where's my damn jig?" Or something like that. Talked to him on the phone, seems like a helluva guy.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top