Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/14/2003 12:12:57 PM EDT
Check out this piece on the CBS News web site. Here's what I wrote back to them on their feedback: Your article 'Quiet Death For Assault Weapons Ban' is erroneous. It states that the ban covered the AK-47 and 18 other kinds of automatic rifles. You should know that 'automatic rifles' refers to machine guns, which have been regulated since the National Firearms Act of 1934. The AK-47 is a military machine gun and is not covered under the Crime Bill of 1994. It is regulated under the NFA. The rifles covered under the Crime Bill are semi-automatic (one shot at a time) clones of military assault rifles. It is irresponsible and inflammatory journalism to deliberately or negligently disseminate such disinformation. One wonders how such ignorance continues to find it's way into news articles when it would be so easy to ask firearms authorities about certain weapons before printing the story. This is exactly how some get the idea that the media is biased toward the liberal view.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:40:22 PM EDT
Nice reply. The gun ban never should have passed. It's great to see democracy in action. For once the polititions are doing what they're "subjects" are demanding of them. The death of this stupid law affirms our political system against all my expectations. I'm gonna have a party when it dies!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:43:10 PM EDT
Good job - well done.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:24:12 PM EDT
Very well written.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:55:55 PM EDT
It dosen't look to me like it's dying quietly, CNN has been hammering on it all day. It's the usual bullshit. Taking about assult rifles and showing vidio of the BATF weapons collection, MP-40's M-16's etc. What lying sacks of S---.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:23:35 PM EDT
The '94 AWB was complete and total nonsense from a president who had an anti-gun agenda.

The Crime Bill, as they called it, was a complete flop as well. Money and goods promised to law enforcement was a joke. One local sheriff's office had to DECLINE the Federal funds for extra officers as they couldn't afford to maintain the new officer's positions once the federal $$ was gone.

Here in Columbus, the government sent CPD a burned out Vietnam Era helicopter to transform into some sort of anti-terrorist chopper...

Don't think they had the money to get the project "off the ground" though.

Rather than focus solely only the AWB, I think we should have our politicians looking into the overall success (rather failure) of the 1994 Crime Bill. I'm sure there are interesting statistics to be found.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:54:06 PM EDT
Have all your friends contact Delay's office and thank him for his drawing the line in the sand... better yet, have everyone send him a check for $22.30 with a letter explaining its the caliber of your favorite rifle... A few thousand donations like that and he will take notice!
Top Top