Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2005 9:11:50 AM EDT
Anyone have any ideas on what the proper style of fixed stock on an early Polish Wz.88 Tantal would be? I know that some of the early production rifles had fixed stocks, and since mine has the early smooth dust cover I would like to put a fixed stock on it as I don't really care for the "improved German style" folder. I am debating on using a refinished Romanian as I like the LOP, but I want to at least try to be proper. Thanks!

The Poster formerly known as Kuhlewulf.hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The early ones used standard AKM laminate stocks. There are some pics out there of them with fiberglass.

Not many, if any at all ever made it to the troops.

I could be mistaken, but the smooth cover versions are actually the later one....

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I had inquired about the smooth cover before HERE. I had assumed the overrun of wz.60 covers would have been used in early production. My trunion date is '92 so its obviously not a first run, but I still think a fixed stock would look nice.

Anyway, so the laminated Romanian AKM stock wouldn't be too bad?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
You could use a Romanian stock, but the original Polish are not hard to find...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You could use a Romanian stock, but the original Polish are not hard to find...

Do tell..Now you have my attention.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Polish laminate stock straight from Poland in our very own EE.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#6]
From the 100 or so tantals or Tantal kits I've handled I've decided that there is no pattern to the smooth/ribbed cover issue with them. The smooth cover is about one in five compared to the ribbed. It appears to me that these were either used interchangeably or for replacement purposes during reconditioning. All of the kits we've seen this year have been reworked at some point. I have decided that this is the source of the difference. I will try to get a concrete answer on this.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top