Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2005 6:41:39 PM EDT
I plan on purchasing a WASR-10 High cap AK and I was wonder what would be the best ammo to use.  I hear alot of problems with wolf and thats the only AK ammo I know about.

Thanks...hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I plan on purchasing a WASR-10 High cap AK and I was wonder what would be the best ammo to use.  I hear alot of problems with wolf and thats the only AK ammo I know about.

Thanks...

Wolf will work fine. In fact, your AK will eat it up and beg for more.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolf and an AK are like peas and carrots, man... Stock up!

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:15:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#4]
An AK chews up ammo like if its candy...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#5]
So if I get wolf FMJ, then that will work...  Okay, I was hearing though that the wolf ammo jams and that it's real dirty.  I never had an AK before so if you guys tell me that I should get wolf FMJ then I will.

Thanks...hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So if I get wolf FMJ, then that will work...  Okay, I was hearing though that the wolf ammo jams and that it's real dirty.  I never had an AK before so if you guys tell me that I should get wolf FMJ then I will.

Thanks...

Get whatever new production Russian ammo is the cheapest... You will need the practice since its your first AK. Calculate price with shiping, dont forget that . Check out the ammo forum for more info.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Wolf is dirty but your AK will love it.  The AK was designed to use steel cased ammo like Wolf.

All I shoot in my SAR-1 is Wolf.

This is not your father's AR15.  Enjoy
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wolf is dirty but your AK will love it.  The AK was designed to use steel cased ammo like Wolf.

All I shoot in my SAR-1 is Wolf.

This is not your father's AR15.  Enjoy hr

Thanks will do...  My father doesnt have an AR... or is that just an expresion?hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:34:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a WASR and I've put 1 1/2 cases + of Wolf through it without a problem. I finally cleaned the rifle because I couldn't stand the thought of not doing so. Don't worry about the rifle or Wolf. Trya box or two of some HP too. Mine seems to shoot Silver Bear HP without a problem.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Any 7.62X39 will do fine. I got a GP WASR10 for a practice gun, it has done fine. About 1,500 rnds so far.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, I'll probably go with the Wolf FMJ. hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#12]
my WASR-10 has eaten thousands of rounds of wolf FMJ and HP without problems. i personally prefer the wolf HP because it groups better in my particular rifle. YMMV.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top