Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 1:43:00 PM EDT
Hello.. i just got my amd kits and am ready to attempt my first ak build..but i noticed that the stocks dont have any kind of spings or something that hold them open or closed...am i missing parts or is this the way the amd was>? oh and i know i have to weld them in the open position but was wandering just in the case the ban sunsets and i can legally own a folder. if thats the case i sure would like to have the parts >?>?

josh
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The folding mechinisim on a AMD65 consists a small tab (Aprox 3/4"X1/2") with a 5mm hole on 1 side, a short spring (not much bigger than a ballpoint pen spring) and a slot head bolt (5mm X aprox 3/4".

Any of that sound familier?

Anyway, eliminate the spring, replace the bolt with a shorter one.

Presto fixed stock
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]
once the trunnion is riveted into the receiver, the bolt in question is totally in accessible.

You would have to grind the heads off and press the rivets out, remove the trunnion from the receiver, replace the bolt and spring, drill a corresponding hole in the receiver for the longer bolt to pass through, replace the trunnion back into the receiver and re-rivet it in place.

Not exactly readily or easily, in my book.

Now considering that a fixed stock can be removed or replaced with two readily accessible bolts, I'm satisfied that I fall within the "spirit of the law"

The only thing I've ever read that required blind pinning or deep penetrating welds were muzzle devices
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
as long as we are on the subject,  i am working a AMD 65but want to keep the folder & threaded barrel if possable, ( my compensator makes the barrel over 16" i have the understanding if the magazine is non removalbe,  it dose not fit the asault weapon critirea  as is the case with many people building short barrel krinkov  ( they attach a stick or drum magazines so they are not removable weld or pin the catch ) any thoughts

thanks kevin
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top