Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/7/2005 4:38:20 PM EDT
This is my new AMD-63 kit that I recieved today. It will be built on the OOW reciever.

since the kit has the front handle screwed on is there a way i can take it off and add the upper and lower wood pieces easily or would it not be worth it? also are these the only US parts that i would need:

US pistol grip
US slant muzzle break
US gas piston
US 3 piece trigger/hammer/connector

thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That is exactly what I did with the AMD-63 I just built.

Thread here.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
AF..  

as you will be using an OOW receiver and that counts as a US part so you can delete one of your previously mentioned US parts..  your choice which one..  

if it were me, I would delete the pistol grip as nothing sets the AMD line apart as the pistol grip does!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
ok...so i got the front pistol grip and the lower handguard off.  i seen the links that you sent doug and i will get those probably tonite.  

im gonna see if i can find the upper and lower guards then just strip and put a finish on those and ill be set with those.  

another question...what would be the best way to get the rivets out.  drilling would prolly be the only way huh.  if so ill wait till the build to do those.

thanks for looking out though...i never thought there'd be so many helpful poeople out there.haha

John
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I just purchased the US trigger set, US gas piston, and the two pieces that are needed for the upper and lower furniture pieces.  I couldn't find a US slant brake online so I'll keep an eye on the EE for one.

When I get the slant brake that will make the six pieces that I need.

3-trigger set
1-gas piston
1-reciever
1-slant brake
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
This is an AMD-63 kit from Centerfire, with a Hesse receiver and old Romanian wood installed.

You'll have very slightly modify the front of the lower handguard to get it to fit.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:15:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
i'll keep the metal guard around but i really like the look of the original AK-47.  that is what im going for on this build...as much as i can atleast.

i just dont like the look of a front handle.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top