Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/24/2006 2:38:13 PM EDT
after the problems with my first attempt with a 80% with template,I was ready to throw in the towel. Thanks to some very positive encouragement from members of this board,I pushed forward with my second 80% blank. this time I reverse engineered the receiver and it came out flawless. this was alot more difficult than any Romy build I have done. just waiting on a G-2 I ordered,and US pistol grip and I'll give you a pic of it firing!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Any details, what was your route to  finish it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
the only real hard part(once I got the holesdrilled) was the dimples.I had to custom make male and female jigs and press the dimples in. they don't look as good as a flat or my other rifles, but they work. I had to practice and adjust for about 2 hours straight and was still scared to actually dimple the reciever. I also had to make all new rivet jigs becuase theyugo is different. the action feels better than any Romy I have ever built. it is comparable to my chicoms. I am going to do one more and will take pics as I go. my computer was recently infected, and wiped out all my pics of this build.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice job..I'd have to agree with you, there is no comparison between the Romanian and the Yugo kits..When you get a chance,  how about a pic of your dimpling jig ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice build. What blank did you use?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good Gunwolf - Glad to see this one successful.joedoran
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:51:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought the blank from AKparts.com. the blank was extremely nice,heavy gauge steel. it was the thicker gauge like the Global Trades 1.6mm that I bought for another build. pressing the dimples in the heavier gauge was tough but it worked. I have to re-take pics of all my tools and jigs,I lost em' all in a computer crash!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top