Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 8:08:53 PM EDT
I was wondering if an AK pistol would be very accurate at 100yds. My ak's that I have had in the past usually grouped about 4" or thereabouts depending on ammo. If I reloaded I got it down to about between 2 and 3" and on a good day. I wondered if an AK pistol would do as good. The reason I ask this is that I have an AR15 pistol with a 7 1/2" barrel with the A2 top and with open sights, I have shot groups between 3 and 5" at 100yds. I actually was very supprised that it did that. Other than the fact it sounded like a huge cannon going off, it was accurate. Has anyone ever just tried to see if an ak pistol was accurate at that range? I know that these are pistols but they in a sense still use rifle ammo. I was just wondering.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#2]
a good theory but I really need someone who has one on hand that has shot it. But that being said, if an ak isnt as acurate as an ar in the first place, then shouldnt the pistol be even less acurate? Of couse this being done on a bench, it would help both sides. I know that my ar pistol isnt as acurate as my rifle but it did suprise me of it doing as good as it did. But on the other hand, if an ak pistol being shorter and less barrel movement that could make it more accurate.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
chris,
that was what I was trying to figure out. AR pistol VS AK pistol. Not ar rifle vs ar pistol and the same with ak. Being that I have the pair of ar's, one pistol and one rifle I was just wondering if being that my ar pistol can keep on a 6" target at 100yds, if an ak pistol can keep on target at 100yds too. I have thought about getting an ak pistol or making one and wondered if it was just a high cap shotgun or actually a semi accurate pistol like my ar was. I would feel safe taking my ar pistol out in a combat situation. Being that it would be acurate enough as the rifle was to work for defense. Not saying the ak pistol wouldnt work but just wondering if it would even hit the target at that range or if it would be limited to close quarters. I like the ar and ak. So that isnt an issue with me. Some hate one and love the other and vise versa. Not me I like them both.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SUPER NICE!!! I want one. that is soooo nice. how much does that type cost? very accurate for my taste too.

The one in the picture is a Yugo M92 Krink 7.62x39 demilled parts kit home built as a pistol on an NDS-6 reciever. I picked up the kit from Sportsmans Guide for around $540 shipped. I think they still have them. ORF has them for $599 as well. Total cost on the build for me was right at $700. You can get one ready built from Atlantic Firearms for $950 plus shipping and transfer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I was a little surprised at the accuracy of my Rom. pistol build.  While regulating the sights, groups at 50 yards averaged around 2.5 to 3 inches with Wolf HP.

This was off a rest, of course.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top