Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/26/2003 12:15:26 PM EDT
I am new to ak's and this site.I have a MADDI and i wanted to install a new us made stainless gas piston. I used a punch to get out the pin and the old one screwed off fine and the new one went on easy. I drilled a hole the same size as the old one, but i can't get the old pin to drive back in. I have buggered it up enough I think I need a new one. Where can I get one and can anyone give me some advice to get my ak back in action.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:06:56 PM EDT
Build it yourself or Troubleshooting are better places for the how-to help. Red Star Arms and Tapco are good starts for another US part.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:26:47 PM EDT
i had a norinco MAK-90.

What i did, i got some steel epoxy. filled in the threads good. THen torqued the bugger in as tight as i could go.

Fired 1000 rnds, and not a budge.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:01:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:00:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NAM:
i had a norinco MAK-90.

What i did, i got some steel epoxy. filled in the threads good. THen torqued the bugger in as tight as i could go.

You dont want it screwed all the way in.

The correct way to install a gas piston, is to screw it all the way in, and then back it off 1 turn, then pin it in place.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:03:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By maxxx93:

Originally Posted By NAM:
i had a norinco MAK-90.

You dont want it screwed all the way in.

The correct way to install a gas piston, is to screw it all the way in, and then back it off 1 turn, then pin it in place.

well.. you could do that do.

But the method i used worked. Ran without a hitch.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:49:51 AM EDT
The monkeys at Century tightened them all the way. Still works even though backing off one turn probably wouldn't hurt.
Top Top