BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2004 12:38:36 PM EDT
Anybody recommend a good build video for AKs.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The two videos I have run across are available at www.joeken.com and then there is one at www.ohmsresearch.com.  I have not personnaly viewed either one. By looking at an existing ak or clone as a model and all of the information available through forums and the net, the argument could be made that a video is not necessary unless your have never built a firearm from a kit before.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I've  got the Joeken video.  It shows how to build up a parts kit using your compressor and air hammer with the supplied tools.  James, the narrator ( Joe's brother?), does a pretty good job of explaining how the parts go together without getting too technical.
Some caveats to be aware of:
1.  I don't beleive James discusses headspacing.
2.  The DVD wouldn't run  in either of my computers nor my older APEX player. It did play in my newer APEX unit.
3.  Joeken is/are a lying sack of shit.  They will take your money but won't deliver anything.  My recomendation would be to try and find it for sale from a private seller.  Hope this helps...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
AMI now has a AK build video that can be found here.
I've ordered it and plan on giving a review once I've seen it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top