Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/29/2005 4:27:18 AM EDT
Where can I get some?  I have looked and I just can't find that caliber dummy round.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck I've seen 7.62 x 39 but never a 5.45.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, I even called Lyman products, which makes the A-zoom snap caps and asked them about them.

They do not make them, and as of a couple months ago when I asked them, had no plans to make them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm curious as to why you would want one? You can dry fire an AK until your finger falls off.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm curious as to why you would want one? You can dry fire an AK until your finger falls off.

I concur. But dont let the bolt handle slide and hit your other hand... trust me, it hurts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#5]
You can make your own. Re-seat a bullet into a fired case, then paint it blue.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You can make your own. Re-seat a bullet into a fired case, then paint it blue.

+ 1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

For function/safety checks and diagnosing feed problems
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I've seen several make your own snap caps.
most have been as already stated.  Fired brass (usualy resized and deprimed) with bullet seated.
Holes drilled in the side of the casing to make sure it cant get mixed up. and pencil eraser pressed in to replace the blown primer.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top