Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:41:49 PM EDT
hey again, i just want to know if i can swap out the stocks easily (  ill do the other compliant parts) and where i can find some used ones--what countries will fit etc?  i want a nice wood set and black pistol grip, nothing fancy, and what magaines seem to work well in these mak 90's?  the one that came with mine is beat up --right now it has a choate tool ( black) stock set
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
the stock question has already been answered, find anything non Yugo and with a little fitting it will work on a Chinese rifle.  some stocks are to wide and need to have the stub narrowed a hair, almost all will need to have the step sanded to fit.
right now Romy and East German stocks are cheap and easy to find on the EE, Stottman had the best price on E German a while ago, he may still be selling them.
the lower handguard usually needs a little work to get them to fit also, European AKM ones are thicker at the tab that slides into the receiver.

Chinese mags work well but any Euro mag will work to, some need a little work on the locking tab.  some are to long and won't rock into place.  some are to thick and won't lock into place.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Misfit 4645, check yer mail. Madtechcool
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
my mak is a stamped , straight cut reciever, i found a web page that sold stocks that had detailed photos of all the diffrent shaped recievers, but i lost it--anyone know it? so does this determine what kind of stock will fit? and also, do i need to buy a pistol grip screw or will the one thats in the stock i have now fit ( chaote tool black stock) again i want an original wood set up with black pistol grip
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
not sure about the grip screw, measure it, if the shank is 4" or more it's normal length and will work with a pistol grip.

the site was probably Ironwood Designs, i think i posted the link in your original thread.
since it's straight cut it doesn't matter what kind of stock you put on.  if it had been angle cut then a regular stock would still fit but would have a large visible gap at the bottom of the receiver, it's cosmetic and doesn't affect function or strength.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Your grip screw will be to short if it's the one that came with the thumbhole. The screw needs to be 100-108 mm long or 4-4 1/8 in. If your tryin' to stay with the chi-com look, you've gotta use chi-com wood as the chi-com stuff has that "downward" slope to the buttstock. All the euro and Ironwood stocks are straight, inline with the receiver. Madtechcool
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#6]
You also need the 5 US parts for compliance with the law.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#7]
WHAT ARE THE SITES FOR THE CHEAP WOOD SETS? I FOUND A ROMANIAN SET FOR $20 ON THE WEB, 10 TO SHIP, BUT ITS PISTOL GRIP UP FRONT...IS IT POSSIBLE TO CUT IT OFF AND SAND IT AWAY? AGAIN, ID LIKE A ALL WOOD SET UP AND PISTOL GRIP, I ONLY WANT TO SPEND ABOUT $60 AND I WILL REFINISH IT MYSELF IF NEEDED.
THANKS
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#8]
K-var, $60.34 shipped.  that's ordering online and an extra 5% for joining their forum.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Price: $52.99  

Manufacturer: Bulgaria, Arsenal  

Description:  
AK-240DM ~ Bulgarian AK-47 Stock Set ~ From Demilled AK-74 Rifles.

this will fit? mines stamped
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#10]
yes, but like i outlined above, there may be some fitting required, you'll see when you get it.

to get the $60 price you need to register at K-var.com and then register for their forum.  log in at K-var.com and click "modify profile", insert your forum name and password to get the additional 5% off, 2% is already deducted for ordering online.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#11]
does anyone know anything about these magazines that claim they lock open the bolt  on last shot that i see advertised these days ( for the ak47) anyone know where i can get an exact fit 10/20/ or 30 rd magazine for a MAK 90? websites etc.......
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I think if you do a search using the keywords "Norinco 30 round" you will be able to find all you want.  Let Google be your friend.  Here is one such link that you will find.
NorincoMags

Also try polytechparts.com for wood.  They have a blonde stock that might be an easier fit.  Maybe...  I have restocked an NHM-90 and it wasn't too bad.  I used a Romanian stock and wiith a little filing, it went together pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you get what you needed? I just finished updating my preban Chinese AK and have a few things left over. I have a full stock set that came off a stamped AK. I replaced it with a polymer set. I didn't  like the polymer grip so I went with an ergo grip instead leaving me with an extra polymer grip. If you havn't placed an order let me know.
This is what I have

[email protected]

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think if you do a search using the keywords "Norinco 30 round" you will be able to find all you want.  Let Google be your friend.  Here is one such link that you will find.
NorincoMags

That is a nice little "screw job" on the Norinco Magazines.  I purchased 25 Norinco AK Mags in 1996 for $4.95 each, and the magazines that I kept are still in the wrapper!  My uncle has the remaining ones and they function flawlessly in his Bulgarian SLR-95.

I also have a poly-tech mag that has never been used.  I like the chromed follower in it, and I just couldn't bring myself to use it because a dozen Norinco's were included with my MAK-90 when I purchased it in 1996.  I have been told many times that the poly-tech is the best AK mag out there, but I never tried it to see for myself because I never had problems with the "cheap" Norinco mags.

EDIT:  I just broke out the Poly-Tech mag to have a look at it. In working the follower in and out, I find that the Poly-Tech is TONS smoother than any of the Norinco Mags I own as well as any other AK magazine that i have ever seen.  I tried taking pics but they came out really crappy.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top