Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/11/2005 7:56:42 PM EDT
  I know the AK-47 isnt sopposed to be the best thing around accuracy wise but i have a romainian parts kit and would like to try to squeeze out a little more accuracy if at all possible while im building it.  Are there any little things i can do to help this out.  I dont expect a 1 MOA rifle  (would be nice but i dont expect it) so what are some things i can do?  I have the tapco g2 trigger and Thats about it right now as far as changes are concerned.  I wont have it for probably 3 or 4 weeks but i have a 1.6mm reciever on order from global.  Im not into reloading yet but hopefully thats not too far off.  Can any of you reccomend a good scope mount?  If there arnt any i may try to make one.  Thanks, Major    
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the major accurizers for the AK would be the RSA triggerset followed closely by not using the standard iron sights anymore and mounting some variant of an optical sight. Be it reddot or magnifying.

I did so on my milled 7,62 AK; it was shooting groups between 3"-4" @ 100 meters. With RSA set and POSP sight it quickly became 2"-3". A good AK in my experience can do 2 MOA, cases of less than that have been reported. The weapon I am sure is capable of better things, for most of the time I'm the limiting factor.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top