Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/2/2006 1:22:52 PM EDT
Hey I am almost done with my 1st build..1 ?  is the trigger that came with my kit do I have to do anything to it or have to buy anything to make this AK fire ....Thanks guys for any help you can give me
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
well, the FCG (trigger, hammer, disconnector) that came with it will work to fire it as long as they aren't broken or anything, but you would want to replace them so the gun has enough US made parts to be legal. the FCG is one of the cheapest and easiest set of parts to replace to the gun into a legal rifle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
So having the DCI receiver is not enough to make it legal...if not how muck do I have to do to make it legal
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So having the DCI receiver is not enough to make it legal...if not how muck do I have to do to make it legal

This info is from 922r COMPLIANCE PARTS

The 16 countable parts of an AK rifle. No more than 10 of these parts may be imported.

(1) Receiver
(2) Barrel
(3) Trunnion
(4) Muzzle attachments(flash hiders, brakes, barrel extensions, barrel nuts)
(5) Bolt
(6) Bolt carrier
(7) Gas piston
(8) Trigger
(9) Hammer
(10) Disconnecter
(11) Buttstock
(12) Pistol grip
(13) Forearm handguards
(14) Magazine body
(15) Follower
(16) Floorplate

The underlined parts are the most commonly available U.S. manufactured parts.

On a typical stamped receiver rifle you need to replace 5 parts with no muzzle attachment and 6 parts with a muzzle attachment.

On a typical milled recevier rifle you need to replace 4 parts with no muzzle attachment and 5 parts with a muzzle attachment, because there isn't a barrel trunion, it is part of the receiver.

When building an AK pistol, these regulations do not apply. You can not have a stock or forward pistol grip on a pistol.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top