User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 5:08:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:12:17 AM EDT
[#1]
JC,

That country is far from being civilized....and most countries in the Middle East are not ready to be civilized.

This one is a tough one to acknowledge, and brings back memories of CNN coverage of our troops being dragged through the streets of Mogadishu.

KF
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:23:57 AM EDT
[#3]
God Bless our troops and especially those guys and thier families.

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never been over there in the big sand box. But I feel that in the end nothing is going to change. We have defeated there standing army but don't see how we will defeat there hatred for the WEST. That we will never be able to do. Don't matter how much you give them or how big of a house you build, how well you feed there familys. They are still going to hate the WEST. Im sure there are educated Iraqes that see the bigger picture but for the general population, they are not. They are taught to hate the West, except when we pay them for there oil. WD
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, and my best friend is getting shipped out to that shit hole. They moved his deployment date up by two weeks.

His asshole unit commander told him that his job is to drive trucks, not fight, and if he is caught with a weapon he would have my buddy cout-marshalled.  Then he issues him (a 5 ton truck driver) a full size M-16 with an M-203.

He has a baby due in January, but is going without complaint.  I just hope he gets to pop a few of these bastards. I would gladly go over with him to fight by his side.

Its time to start carpet bombing of major cities again. It was all the rage 60 years ago, lets bring the fad back.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a firm believer in the "Carpet Bombing" or "Saturation Bombing" of the past.  I don't care one bit about the civilian population in time of war.  I don't care about winning the admiration of the conquered people.  I prefer the respect of a country bombed into the stone age.  All-out bombing campaigns should be the way of the future.  

"Rebuilding".......nahh.....frick you....die like the savages you are.....What?  No where to live?  No way to get out of the elements?  Good...just another way for your nation to die off through attrition.  Works for me because I won't have to worry about you, your family, or your people for another 50 years....

Teddy Roosevelt said it best....."Walk quietly, but carry a big stick...."

KF
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's a good link that describes the whole "Total War Doctrine" that we seem to have abandoned of late:

www.therazor.org/Summer02/hamasassass.htm

I understand that civilian casualties suck, but at the same time, they've got to be expected.  This is a war, not a damned ice-cream social...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#14]
As long as the Iraqis don't fear us then these acts of aggression will not stop. They know that US troops have to follow certain guidelines of behavior and Iraqis are pretty much free to act as they really are, uncivilized barbarians. Unfortunately, we should act more like Saddam and line a bunch of them against a wall and shoot them as an example.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Ever notice how the Russian weapons are never a match for the American soldier.  They try this time and time again, and we win.

American troops have slain the big Bear so many times the meat should be rotten by now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I STILL say we need real world testing of the NEUTRON bomb...This looks like a good place!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Ober,
God Bless your buddy headed to the sandbox, his wife and unborn child.  It tears me up to think that these brave men are fighting with their hands tied, playing by rules they the other side does not honor.

Just as you said you would like to ride with him to help protect him, I would like to be a few hundred yards off in a sniper hide watching over him and othe US soldiers, occasionally popping one of the bad guys from afar.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#20]
This is what I'm talking about...They did it to us with the World Trade Center....."You want it?? You get it !!"

Photo shows Dresden air raid victims being cremated 500 at a time on the Altmark square, Feb 25, 1945 (copyright photo from Apocalypse 1945: the Destruction of Dresden)

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Krink, bad historical example, but great pictures, and point well made.

Thats is exactly what I am talking about.  Oh yeah, we need lots of good film footage.  (After the G.i.s have taken home al the spoils of war)
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Ober,

Apologies.  Nothing personal.

"Dead Terrorists tell no tales"

KF
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#23]
No appology nessesary, most people just don't know the whole story behind that raid.

Your point was well made though, and again, I agree. (Although with modern weapons I think we could do much better
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I STILL say we need real world testing of the NEUTRON bomb...This looks like a good place!!!

Saves historical sites as a theme park for future generations. And the fallout path from Baghdad can visit Tehran and Kabul if we get the weather right :)
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Wouldn't it be fun to be in the tail of a C-130 and push out a 15,000 daisy picker.......and just stand there and watch what it does to a city or small town.................
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Campy,

There is a new Russian tank killer round that has killed a few of our tanks in Iraq.  Per my cousin that is in logistics and her husband that is a tanker in the cav, it is quite devestating and very effective vs. our latest armor config.

Good news is the Iraqs cant shoot well and they dont/didnt appear to have many.

KF,

I agree.  You cant win the hearts and mind of folks that have neither.  I was thinking a revisitation of Dresden tactics would be nice but dont want to lose all that cheap gas.  

Neutron would be a viable solution, but frankly we need to get ALL of the middle east not just Iraq. Then we set up our own gas stations. And I get a supercharger for my GMC gas guzzling super monster truck - WOHO!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Wouldn't it be fun to be in the tail of a C-130 and push out a 15,000 daisy picker.......and just stand there and watch what it does to a city or small town.................

Push out???? No way....I'm riding it down baby!!!

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#28]
When the going gets tough, the tough commit genocide.  Go get em, boys.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, sorry guys, but I'm gonna have to be the opposing voice once again.

We invade there country, they don't like it, so we should blow them all to hell?

Interesting concept.

Sure most of them hate us, but they also don't know what the hell we are!

Like I've said many times, and I know some of you may roll your eyes, but these people need some form of education before they are going to be able to differentiate between a liberator and a foreign invader and religious enemy.

Until they have some other source of knowledge besides what there book and religious leaders tell them they are never going to know anything besides that.  

Therefor they will be fundamentalists by default, and some might say by fault of where they happen to have been born.  

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top