Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/8/2005 2:48:17 PM EDT
I got a new set of wood furniture I'm putting on my AK right now. How hard should the pin that holds the lower handguard plate on be? I'm putting a new lower handguard on an Arsenal. And Damn I'm having a time putting it on!!

Should that little lever easily come down? Or should it be pretty tight?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive had them be real simple to close and some a real bitch...just depends on the gun I think.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't figure out if my lower handguard is just a bit too long and needs to be sanded down a few hundreds of an inch or if it's just that tight?

I was always taught never to force anything! When putting together a gun. But damn this hammer is looking better and better every second
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Some of mine are tight some aren't  but I would think better a little tight than loose I guess as in anything.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]

I learned the hard way never to force this lever........I broke it on my first build.

One way to help is to take a small non-marring hammer and tap the front plate towards the rear.  If the handguard is just tight, it will help the lever close.  If the handguard is too long, the lever will still be tight and won't close.  

When I'm playing with the lower handguards, my small hammer is always present.

J
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I learned the hard way never to force this lever........I broke it on my first build.

One way to help is to take a small non-marring hammer and tap the front plate towards the rear.  If the handguard is just tight, it will help the lever close.  If the handguard is too long, the lever will still be tight and won't close.  

When I'm playing with the lower handguards, my small hammer is always present.

J

That's what is it guys. Lower HG is a tad bit too long. Sanding it down now.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Got it in!!

Kinda scuffed up the side of the wood on my Lower Handguard It is very nice wood. I wonder if I can get it out.

Now I'll have to drill holes into a new buttstock for the milled reciever any sugguestions??
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top