Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/16/2003 5:26:50 AM EDT
Was at a pawnshop and saw a Norinco rifle that had the thumbhole stock, longer barrel, and a bipod on the end of the barrel that look factory installed.It also appeared to be a stamper reciever. It was Brand new. I asked how much and the gal behind the counter said either $499 or $599 . She was being a pain in the butt. Thought she knew something about guns because she works in the shop. Told me it was the top of the line Chinese sniper rifle.We ( USA) don't have anything to compete with it according to her.What am I looking at guys??? What the value of this rifle? Im not really that interested but if I ever run into a deal I like to jump on it.Thanks for any help given, WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:44:05 AM EDT
Sounds like an NMH (sp?) 91. It is a postban RPK design.

The only other Chi-com rifle similar to that would be their copy of the SVD.

The RPK is a good rifle, the "svd", well, my Mauser could shoot just as well.

If there is nothing in the U.S. to compare with it, why would it be so cheap?

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:21:13 AM EDT
Mauser....bah. Real men shoot Enfields.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:13:24 AM EDT
Yeah, sounds like an NHM-91 - the Chinese RPK clone.

I've got one. They're fun.

I'd hesitate to call it a sniper rifle.

It's a semi-auto version of the "light machine gun".

Does it look like the following link?

www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976261539.htm

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:24:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kythri:
Yeah, sounds like an NHM-91 - the Chinese RPK clone.

I've got one. They're fun.

I'd hesitate to call it a sniper rifle.

It's a semi-auto version of the "light machine gun".

Does it look like the following link?

www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976261539.htm

Yeap thats what it looked like. Question.Is the stamped reciever thicker than an regular AK.Is it a true RPK thickness? Second what did you pay for it ? She said $499 or $599 .She couldn't remember the price and was too lazy to get off her butt and look.It was on a rack behind the counter, and I didn't actully handle it.But from the condition of the reciever it look to be New condition.
Is the quality good on these Norinco rifles??? Is the Rifle barrel chromed lined? Thanks and sorry so many questions.I might go back for it and don't want to pay to much.I will get it ONLY if I can get a very good price on it. Thanks again WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:01:20 PM EDT
I think I paid like, $700 for mine.

It has a Choate buttstock, and an ATI forearm.

The bipod needs adjusted/replaced, and it needs refinished a bit, but I'm super happy with it.

If you could get it for $500, I'd snag it.

As far as the receiver thicknesses and what not, I couldn't tell you. I'm a gun nut, but I'm not that versed on all of them.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:04:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RebelGray:
Mauser....bah. Real men shoot Enfields.

Those sir, are fighting words!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:07:06 PM EDT
To answer your qusestion, the quality on Norincos is quite good & the barrel is chrome lined.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:12:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:18:16 PM EDT
Well made? Yes. But my 20" bbl Norinco Hunter shot no better than my SAR1's 4" groups. No deal IMO.
Top Top