Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/3/2005 10:04:09 AM EDT
I have two 5 round Bulgy polymer mags. I am considering converting them to 10 rounders with these Mag Followers

Anyone use these? Any feeding problems?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, I tried them. Junk.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking to get some of those what was the problem with them?

Could a cut down regular follower work?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried to cut down a spare follower to see if it would allow me to load extra shots. I cut off as much of the bottom of the follower as I dared and as I recall the magazine accepted 31 or 32 cartridges. I never tried to use the magazine with that follower in it. Didn't seem to be worth it to me. I just put the orininal follower back in. Maybe someone else has had better luck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was looking to get some of those what was the problem with them?

I had to cut a notch in the side so they would ride to the top of the mag ( Bulg. waffle 5 rd.). They are very thin walled cheap plastic. After I installed them they increased my mag capacity from 5 to a whopping 6 rounds. I guess you have to cut the mag spring down? Also, there is no lip on the inside to engage the top of the spring. It just floats on top of the spring. May be no big deal, but I just put the originals back.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Could a cut down regular follower work?

Probably better.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top