Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/19/2003 6:33:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Hesse 308-1 conversion.  I don't know about what Hesse does to the other rifles, but they did a fine job on the one I have.  Be sure you can look it over before you buy it.  All that was done to mine was the pistol grip was added, a really good trigger group, and a muzzle device welded to the front sight base.  WARNING, check the muzzle device with a straight edge to be sure it is aligned properly. The weld may seem a bit crude so check it out carefully.  That is the only weld done on the 308. So check the horror stories that are sure to follow carefully.  Select an individual rifle and you can get a fine shooter for a decent price.

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I know people keep knocking Hesse firearms...perhaps with some good reason, but my Hesse FAL carbine is a real quality shooter, accurate and totially reliable after thousands of rounds. An AK is a much simpler design to work with...
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad your FAL is working well for you.  The trick is to really inspect what your buying.
I wouldnt buy one sight unseen, but with careful selection, it can work out great.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Aimless, who has 'em for $230? (that would be the standard Saiga, not the Hesse pg conversion correct?)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top