Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/24/2006 3:22:57 PM EDT
This may not be the best place to post this, but I just wanted to give people who are looking to purchase their first AK (or another AK) a heads up.

Had to send in my AK for a repair and Rex was a good guy to deal with, they fixed up the AK nicely and even fixed some damage I had accidentally done to the rifle.  The 5 Year Warranty is definitely nice and they got some great customer service.

Good people to deal with, a great rifle for the money, and a 5 Year Warranty.  Hard to beat that.

If anyone else has some +1's for Vector, by all means post.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you just have to keep your receipt to prove date of purchase for the warrantee?  I didn't see any kind of a warrantee registration card in the box that my Vector underfolder came in or anything.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do you just have to keep your receipt to prove date of purchase for the warrantee?  I didn't see any kind of a warrantee registration card in the box that my Vector underfolder came in or anything.

No receipt no nothing, just emailed Vector said I had a problem, they sent me a premade shipping label and off it went.  I think they simply look at the serial number and see when it was purchased.  Not completely sure though, just know I didnt need a receipt or anything.  Which is nice cause I dont have one
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I also suspect they keep track of the serial number and sell date - I didnt get a receipt with mine either.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Can they ship it directly back to you or does it have to go through a FFL?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Can they ship it directly back to you or does it have to go through a FFL?

Directly back.  Im not sure how that works, might have to do with the fact that you own the rifle already?  Or maybe they just lie to UPS or whoever they choose, and claim the contents as something else.  Which works because most shipping services dont check out packages as thoroughly as they would have you believe.  Case in point, DHL will absolutely positively under no circumstances ship out anything that has to do with a firearm.  But I had shipped a number of items through them, and called it "Equipment" and it made it to its destination with no problems.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:51:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, all guns sent out for gunsmthing work can be sent back to your house legally (no FFL). Unless the reciever is changed then it is a NEW gun.

Vector repaired my loose handguards and when the gun came back they put a double hook trigger in it for free. I had Poly handguards that were a little loose. They put sweet Polish wood as a replacement. I wanted the wood in the first place. Customer service was great , the called me to make sure what I wanted done. And my AK was on my doorstep 3 days later.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I wasn't happy with the bore condition on one of their underfolders so I sent it back.  They shipped another rifle back to my FFL.  Beautiful rifle.  They have excellent customer service.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top