Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:47:44 PM EDT
Wow. For the price above a dark bore underfolder kit, it's damn worth it. Mint bore, bright with sharp rifling. Furniture is in beautiful condition. Tight as hell underfolder stock. I get the impression this thing was looked at more than it was shot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:05:02 PM EDT
I just sent a dark bore kit back to CF last week, and it's replacement will be here tomorrow. I had expected light rifling and maybe some frosting, but the damn barrel was rusted down to about a 22 caliber. What I am trying to say is that the rust was that thick on the inside. I was shocked to see such an otherwise beautiful looking AK have a bore like that. I tried to clean the rust out, but to no avail. So, just like I knew they would, they said just send it back and we will replace it. The great thing is that they sent the replacement kit out the same day I sent the junk kit back to them. Their customer service has never disappointed me, especially Lois.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:25:13 PM EDT
I just got another Yugo kit monday. This one came from bocefus and it was an underfolder and i only paid $140 shipped and the bore is shiny with some freckles and sharp rifling. I already have one fixed stock that I got from AK Parts and the bore is shiny all the way thru with very few freckles and sharp rifling. I cant wait to get these done!!!

Im workin on sourcin up all my parts and gettin the money out to DCI for 2 receivers this week
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:21:08 AM EDT
My kit looks like it was used a fair bit, but the bore is in good shape. I suspect CF learned the hard way that grading kits and selling them according to said grades can be more trouble than it is worth. If I ran a kit importing business I simply wouldn't promise anything to anybody and sell all kits at the same price. I wouldn't try to predict the likely condition of kits that have yet to arrive at the warehouse either. Alas, it looks as if I'll never get the chance to run such a business.

Top Top