BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 6:24:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
So let me get this straight. . . . .a rabidly anti-gun institution led by a scumbag from a third-world African shithole where AK's cost about $50, is going to partner with the one country which is more responsible than any other for destabilizing the African continent because of its proliferation of small arms, so it can push more AK's to the world????  Now that's beautiful!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Dear Russia,

Welcome to free enterprise.

Love,
1Gunner
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Ha! I wonder if they'll try to shutdown the Arsenals in Bulgaria and Romania.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Kalashnikov now owns a three-room apartment in Izhevsk, over a thousand kilometers east of Moscow, a small wooden dacha and a Ford.

He owns a Ford!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ha! I wonder if they'll try to shutdown the Arsenals in Bulgaria and Romania.

Ben

Last I heard, Arsenal Bulgaria was licensed.

Whatabot the Romanians and Chinese?

Ben
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Even if they did have a "patent" wouldnt it be "expired" by now?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
It's my understanding that the only AK receivers that are still importable are Saiga'a and VEPR's which are both Russian made. As for the rest of the world's access to Kalashnikovs, who the hell cares?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#9]
See, if this passes, though, they'll make an attempt to shut down US manufacturers of AK's as "unlicensed".

I say tough-titty.

They failed to obtain a patent, and even if they had, virtually everything but the AK-100 series of rifles would have expired by now.

I respect Kalashnikov's skill, but "This is not fair." ??!!

Life ain't fair, Mickey.  Get used to it, because your last few years ain't gonna be fair either.  Don't bitch to us about the money, bitch to your own country and the idiocy of so-called "Communism" that gave you the shaft.

And, for the record:

Fuck the U.N.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:29:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Russia wants to cry about intellectual property?

Russia has for years blown their noses at software copywrite rights - software companies won't sell there because of the rampant piracy.

And they want to try to enforce "patent rights" for a design that would be past expiration by any stretch of the imagination?

All I can say is - what goes around, comes around.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:02:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Hell they were bitching about this same crap last year.....
You flood a market with guns that last a life time..Well see what happens???

ETA: No market..
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:44:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

And, for the record:

Fuck the U.N.

Ditto!  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Dear Russia,

Welcome to free enterprise.

Love,
1Gunner

EXACTLY!!! Dumb fucking Commies, like their guns but that's about it.

Quoted:
Fuck the U.N.

+This is perhaps one of the greatest phrases I have ever heard in my life.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
See, if this passes, though, they'll make an attempt to shut down US manufacturers of AK's as "unlicensed".

I say tough-titty.

They failed to obtain a patent, and even if they had, virtually everything but the AK-100 series of rifles would have expired by now.

I respect Kalashnikov's skill, but "This is not fair." ??!!

Life ain't fair, Mickey.  Get used to it, because your last few years ain't gonna be fair either.  Don't bitch to us about the money, bitch to your own country and the idiocy of so-called "Communism" that gave you the shaft.

And, for the record:

Fuck the U.N.

I doubt Good ol' bolton would let that slide.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Well it's good to know the man who made the most dependable assault rifle in the world also drives a ford.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Earlier this year, Russia agreed to sell 100,000 Kalashnikovs to Venezuela for $50 million.

Geez, that's $500. apiece. What ever happened to a discount for bulk?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Well here we have a non-flourishing deomocracy that is now going to try to take back all the money it lost by not charging money for the design.  Congrats on the change of heart and good luck with this.  Bout freakin time that they did this.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#18]
don't forget all the mags and spare parts-not that they'll need any!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Earlier this year, Russia agreed to sell 100,000 Kalashnikovs to Venezuela for $50 million.

Geez, that's $500. apiece. What ever happened to a discount for bulk?

I'd bet you that Romania would sell it to them for cheaper. Waay cheaper.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#20]
"Yes, it's not fair that countries that were formerly under Soviet rule continue to produce and market the AK series of rifles without being licensed by Mother Russia.

Nevermind that we forced them to produce the rifles.  Nevermind that we would execute the families of people that refused to build the rifles.

We never licensed them to build the rifles, so their right to build them ended when our Communist regime collapsed upon itself.

It's not fair!"
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:03:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So let me get this straight. . . . .a rabidly anti-gun institution led by a scumbag from a third-world African shithole where AK's cost about $50, is going to partner with the one country which is more responsible than any other for destabilizing the African continent because of its proliferation of small arms, so it can push more AK's to the world????  Now that's beautiful!!!

exactly!

But you left out the scumbag from the third world shit-hole has a soft spot for the bribe.....a Russian specialty.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top