Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:05:55 PM EDT
I am brand new to the AK weapons system. I am fixingvto purchase 10 new Zastava mags at $10 each. Are these good mags and is this a good price?
My thanks in advance to the AK gods.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:02:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MikieG7174:
I am brand new to the AK weapons system. I am fixingvto purchase 10 new Zastava mags at $10 each. Are these good mags and is this a good price?
My thanks in advance to the AK gods.
View Quote
I have over 30 of them . good mags, MAY need to do a little filing on the top lug that runs by the cross riven of the receiver when inserted, but really solid for cheap. YOu can get them at APex for $8.99 if you buy more than 5.

what AK are you putting them in?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:17:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2018 9:22:25 PM EDT by Toddrick]
Those are Serbian copies of the Yugo mags right? Better than the Croatian ones, which I hear are shit, I’m sure. I’ve never heard anything about them, which must be a good sign considering they come with every Zastava rifle or pistol, NPAP/PAP. I suspect they are a faithful copy, possibly from the same machinery. Interested in opinions.

Any steel AK mags of milsurp quality is a good deal for $10. Most are $15 in average condition. I’m not sure Zastava is milsurp quality like the older Yugos.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:50:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Toddrick:
Those are Serbian copies of the Yugo mags right? Better than the Croatian ones, which I hear are shit, I’m sure. I’ve never heard anything about them, which must be a good sign considering they come with every Zastava rifle or pistol, NPAP/PAP. I suspect they are a faithful copy, possibly from the same machinery. Interested in opinions.

Any steel AK mags of milsurp quality is a good deal for $10. Most are $15 in average condition. I’m not sure Zastava is milsurp quality like the older Yugos.
View Quote
correct, they're made from the Zastava factory right where old Yugo mags were made and on supposedly the same machinery. I'v compared to my old Yugo surplus and they'er damn near identical. Built like effing TANKS too. The ONLY slight discrepency is the back lug (you know, that extra bit of metal coming from the back of the mag and angles in towards the feed lips) was made a bit thicker than normal and for SOME rifles a bit of filing on it is needed. Nothing big though. Honestly, I've inspected the weld marks, the steel, the feel, and function and I wouldn't hesitate. I have a bunch of surplus mags and they're all about the same quality, including these Zastava ones.
Top Top