Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/13/2005 3:15:11 PM EDT
has anybody ever heard of such a beast?
talkin to  A GUY ABOUT A TRADE AND HE SAYS THATS WHAT HE HAS........extra long barrel, I dont have the length yet.?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
It's my understanding, and I don't have anything to back it up, that Yugoslavian army used the SKS for snipers.

I did find a website the other day about Serbian snipers here.  I'm not completely sure of the accuracy of the information, but it's all I've got so far.

Hope this helps some.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Tom, thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
yes i have seen pics of them on a c&r collectors site.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Recently on Gunbroker I saw a chinese SKS that had an extended barrel and scope mount. I don't recall the details though, but as I recall it had a bipod mounted in the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow. I had heard about some guys in the region using Yugo SKSs as snipers, but I had never seen one. Good read.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The SFOR theater manual or something (would have to dig it out) has a photo of a thermal NV sight mounted on a Yugo SKS.  

I was informed by a participant (while working there) that they bought the same crummy aftermarket Red Star SKS scopes you could buy commerically and employed them to good effect. I do not know if these fit the Yugo receivers without modification, but he is a reliable reporter.

Participant should be former combatant, more like.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top