Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/14/2005 3:49:13 PM EDT
anybody know anything about these kits I ordered? When will they be coming?Are they matching parts?Are they complete?Any extras included(magazines,sling,cleaning kit)?Will they have that damn grenade launching shit on them like the sks?Not to say that that stuff is terrible but it is useless.I haven't seen any grenades in the sporting goods section at walmart. just extra weight.Anybody have any experience with cold steel receivers?somebody mentioned the rails were crap.I have accsess to anything to make it happen but if comes to me dimensionaly incorrect I'd rather not mess with it .if its just the rails no biggy.Anybody actually heat treat a receiver properly(the whole thing)?How would I go about this?I know every body asks this question , do'nt think I've ever seen it answered. I would rather go that extra mile.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I sent an email to Lois at Centerfire a couple of weeks ago asking all of your questions and more.  She did not have answers at that time as the kits are not in the US yet.

I have been happy with the business I've done with Centerfire in the past, so I ordered a kit based on that.  My guess is that "very good condition" will be very good or better.  I hope they come with a mag and that Centerfire gets extra Yugo mags because Yugo mags are unique.  They have a bolt hold-open on the follower that no other AK has.

Building up a semi from these kits should be interesting because Yugo's are unlike other AK's in several ways.  The only drawback is that the bores aren't chromed...keep your fingers crossed that the kits have good bores because they also used corrosive ammo there.

FAC is working up a proper receiver for building up a semi auto from these kits.  You can contact him at  [email protected]  for more info.

Good luck with your build!

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top