Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2005 5:18:49 PM EDT
I am new to this board but I do have a question in regards to the Yugo sks. I am looking to buy one I already have a norinco. I have found the Yugos with and without grenade launchers. The rifles with the grenade launcher I have found are stated to be in very good to excellent condition and the only ones I have found without the launcher are just good or shooter grade. Wich rifle is the most desirable? Are there any problems that go along with the launcher as far as the gas system? Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I would get the rifle that is in the best condition.

Most if not all of these rifles have fired corrosive ammo.  So the less it has been fired the better.

If you can get a Yugo SKS with grenade launcher in excellent condition, go for it.
And I doubt you will have any problems with it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
That's easy: buy both!

I picked up an excellent 59/66 (the one with G.L.) from AIM.  I'm still getting some of the cosmo out of the nooks & crannies.  It's fun, but the G.L. just adds unnecessarily to the overall length.

I just bought a 59 and am waiting on its arrival.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
If all is equal as far as condition, price, usage, go with the launcher.
You can always remove it. Or you can get a launcher and have a blast with shooting blanks.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=83&t=79576&page=1

Heck, pay a little extra, it great fun to lob a tennis ball a couple hundred yards!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
decided on the M59 from aim hand select 129.00 I have a few ak's but I like the milled rifles ;)
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top