Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/11/2006 2:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 4:20:39 PM EDT by plinkereye]
looking to buy one of these two. Which one is best for combat, reliability, accuracy, hunting, and quality? What is a Heinz ak47? I cant seem to find anything on Heinz ak47 on the net.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:32:45 PM EDT
both should be very reliable(pending the WASR doesn't have too much of a mag well issue and the yugo was built good), the yugo will be noticeably heavier than the WASR, i have heard some great accuracy reports about the yugos and with all do respect the WASR should be "combat" accurate as well.

my .02

both are nice buy the yugo first(if you can find one at this time) and then save up some more pennies and get the WASR later(the yugo is harder to come by at this time)

camaro
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:36:52 PM EDT
Yugo
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:12:26 AM EDT
Century's Yugo M70 underfolder is one of the best AK's out right now, especially for the price. They are manufactured with brand new barrels and these some of the most accurate 7.62x39 AK's out there. I have owned SAR1's and GPWASRs, which are roughly of equal quality. The GP WASR is a better weapon than a WASR 10, so buy a GP if you elect to buy a WASR as they have better triggers and are overall better weapons. They lack "dimples" on the mag well which can allow for some lateral magazine wobble which is nothing more than a slight annoyance. SAR1's will have the magazine dimples, but you will likely pay is much, if not more for a used SAR1 than you would for a brand new WASR GP. My experience has shown them both to be equal in quality. My GP was certainly capable of "combat accuracy" and then some, though not as accurate as my

Yugo underfolder though few 7.62 AK's are. Century really has a "hit" with thier Yugo underfolders.
The Yugo varient is unique in itself and its construction/features make it extremely desirable. Century is building them well with brand new barrels and selling them at a great price and you should definatly buy one if you can. I think its one of the best underfolders out there.... If you don't buy an underfolder, you will regret it when Hillary bans them and the Yugo is a great one to buy. If you cant find a Yugo to buy, a Vector would be an excellent second choice and their underfolder/fixed stock weapons are in the realm of both the GP WASR and Yugo M70. By far, the Yugo M70 will be the "best" milspec AK you can buy and it will work exceptionally well for your outlined tasks/requirements.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:15:10 AM EDT
Only fault of the yugo is no chrome lined bore.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:58:15 AM EDT
i prefer chrome moly over chrome lined anyways.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:00:10 PM EDT
I dont see a problem with non chrome bores unless you shot corrosive ammo and also have a full auto AK. So whats the big deal
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2006 1:45:18 PM EDT by MauserMark]

Originally Posted By bryan666999:
I dont see a problem with non chrome bores unless you shot corrosive ammo and also have a full auto AK. So whats the big deal

yep, it's not that big of a problem, but tests have proven chrome-lined bores greatly increase barrel life.

that being said you probably wouldn't ever notice a difference unless you plan on dumping around 80,000 rounds through that barrel in your lifetime.

Also, we all take it for granted that wolf and barnaul 7.62x39 is around, in the future, there may be periods when ONLY corrosive combloc 7.62x39 is available and you'll have little choice but to use it if you want to plink.

but again Corrosive fear is really an unfound phobia. Clean and scrub normally, pour boiling water with a little soap over the parts and through the bore and no worries.

-mark
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:26:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2006 3:30:41 PM EDT by Newbie214]
Just picked up a Yugo underfold this weekend for $550. Then went to the range and it is very accurate. Best buy ever, highly recomend.hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:46:24 PM EDT
yugo underfolds go for $400 or less here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:38:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By plinkereye:
yugo underfolds go for $400 or less here.

Please point me to a site, I'll buy one today.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:30:23 PM EDT
i would like to know who has $400 yugo underfolders also please post the location of these.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:13:02 PM EDT
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Yugoslavian_AK_M70AB2_7.62x39_Under-Folder_Rifle.html

The first batch of Yugo underfolders at AIM went for $399 each. Since then the price is up to $429 if you want to get on the waiting list.

He could be local to AIM.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:23:25 PM EDT
Centefire also advertised them at $399 awhile ago. He might be near them as well.......in fact afew other vendors advertised them at $399 as well.

I would have ordered one but I wasnt to keen on the 2 month "you might get one" waiting list. Instead I bought a new Vector underfolder for $559......Im diggin it so far.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:56:08 PM EDT
The CAI Yugo M70 i've seen at a local gunstore was only marginally better then the WASR. Crooked sights. Crooked grip which is slightly angled to the right from below the reciever. Non-matching finish on the Gas-tube from the rest of the rifle. Its heavier too. Why not buy a FAL carbine and not worry about some 7.62x39mm ammo shortage? (Winchester makes 7.62x39mm) Or atleast give Vector or Arsenal your money. CAI does'nt care about attention to detail on the rifles they sell. The Vector is close to the same price and their rifles are nice looking plus you can use standard AK aftermarket accessories. If you crack your Yugo handguard or want to replace the gas tube, you'll have to hunt around for the Yugo only parts.

The selector lever on the M70 require the removal of your firing hand to actuate. On AK's i've owned in the past, i could reach forward with my middle finger and flick it down while leaving my shooting hand on the grip.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:56:38 AM EDT
True, rather get a vector than m70 now.
Top Top