Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:11:08 PM EDT
Does anyone know how to remove the pin like device that holds the recoil assembally from the rear trunion?  I cannot figure this out, it SEEMS to twist off, but I cant get it off.

Also, does anyone know if there is a difference between AK triggerguards(between say rommy or whatever I would buy from copes and the yugo one)? the one that came with my kit was cracked and rewelded by whoever chopped up the rifle, and its not going to be usable in my build.  Any help would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Pookie has an excellent pictorial here

As for the difference in Romy and yugo triggers, the Romy is parked whereas the yugo is blued...other than that, I see no difference.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Also, does anyone know if there is a difference between AK triggerguards(between say rommy or whatever I would buy from copes and the yugo one)? the one that came with my kit was cracked and rewelded by whoever chopped up the rifle, and its not going to be usable in my build.  Any help would be appreciated.  

yes they are different the yugo is a little shorter in the back becouse of the pistol grip nut plate sits under the back rivet where as the romy is attached right to the receiver all in all you need a yugo one I compared one side by side
romy wont work on a yugo trigger hits the guard a friend off mine found that out the hard way

BLM
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just measured the trigger guard on 10 of my Romys and 10 of my Yugo underfolders and they all measure 82.5 mm, so I really cannot say that they will not interchange with one another.  As a matter of fact, I busted one of my Yugo trigger guards trying to remove the grip nut plate and used a romy's in it's place just fine.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just measured the trigger guard on 10 of my Romys and 10 of my Yugo underfolders and they all measure 82.5 mm, so I really cannot say that they will not interchange with one another.  As a matter of fact, I busted one of my Yugo trigger guards trying to remove the grip nut plate and used a romy's in it's place just fine.

that would work fine since the romy is taller than the yugo you can't do it the other way around

lenght is fine it is the hight the romy in the back is about 34mm and the yugo is 30mm
If you were to put a yugo trigger guard on a romy without a spacer in the back rivet hole the trigger would be closer to the guard so they would work just be a little crooked
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top