Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/1/2006 6:59:40 AM EDT
So, I'm new to the Krink world.
I picked up an M92 kit, and the quality seemed very high.
Yet, some people jokingly refer to them as the "wannabe Krinks"
So what's the deal?
Seems like there are way more accessories for the Bulgies.
Aside from availablity, why do YOU prefer one over the other?

Thanks,

A|G
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The M92 kit has:

-longer barrel
-longer handguards
-threads on FSB are bigger
-no chrome lined barrel

To me it just didn't look right so I sold my kit off the second I got it in the house.  If I want a krink, I want an authentic looking one (Russian or Bulgarian).

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Finding a Russian or Bulgarian kit is pretty tough though.
Is this something that may change in the future, or are the ones that are Stateside, the last ones we'll ever see?

Thanks,

A|G
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Finding a Russian or Bulgarian kit is pretty tough though.

Not really, here's a  Bulgy kit....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Yugo kit but turned around and sold it and bought one of Inrange's Bulgarian Krinks.  Granted, I never built the Yugo but I will give it this credit.  In my opinion, it appears more heavy duty.  Not saying it is better, it  just seems more sturdy.  I got rid of mine due to the lack of available parts and compatability with others(KVAR doesn't carry yugo parts).  I want a Krink that I can put a can on.  The odd ball thread size on the FSB would have been an issue.  Don't get hung up on the chrome lined bore thing.  You are not shooting full auto and I am sure you know how to clean it.  I still think they are neat and if I find one down the road.......I'll buy one.  Then again...I want everything, I just don't have the income to support it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#5]
"lack of available parts and compatability"

That's kind of where I'm at.
I'm really impressed with the overall quality, but no one makes the accessories I want for it.
I was told this going into it, guess I was hoping to be able to modify existing parts to fit.
Proving harder than I thought.
I plan on keeping it, but I'll also keep my eyes open for a Bulgarian kit.

What's the going rate these days?

Thanks all,

A|G

P.S. - Anyone know why they chose not to chrome the barrel? I highly doubt it was to keep costs down, as everything else on the gun is top-shelf.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Yugo's didn't chrome any of theirs.  As far as Bulgarian kits, They go for $699 at KVAR.  Plus they have all the spare parts.  I thought about the modifing thing when I bought mine......there is only some much I  can do with a screw driver and a hammer

KVAR
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
AIG, There is, in fact, NO SUCH THING as a KRINOV, as designated by ANY manufacturer of ANY AK variant. The Yugoslavian M92 is a very interesting weapon manufactured by Zastava in what is now Serbia and Montenegro. Production of this weapon continues today. My example was manufactured in 1993, just before Yugoslavia became Serbia and Montenegro. The quality of metal work is well above average for most ak variants, and some of the features, such as integral tritrium night sights, last-round hold-open magazines, bolt stop selecter lever, etc., only add to its interest. I don't particularly care for the underfolder stock, but open and locked, the weapon shoulders well. My example is surprisingly accurate out to 100 meters, and over-all is a fine addition to any collection. And by the way, it "Bumps like a Mother!". So basically, if you see something you like, get it, build it, and enjoy the heck out of it! All this "wannabe" crap is sounding more and more like the Harley crowd
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AIG, There is, in fact, NO SUCH THING as a KRINOV, as designated by ANY manufacturer of ANY AK variant.  All this "wannabe" crap is sounding more and more like the Harley crowd

Holy Smokes.....I need to call Inrange and get my $1475 back for my not so Krinkov Bulgarian Krinkov.  Don't worry AIG, we all know that Krink is slang for short freaken AK
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AIG, There is, in fact, NO SUCH THING as a KRINOV, as designated by ANY manufacturer of ANY AK variant.  All this "wannabe" crap is sounding more and more like the Harley crowd

Holy Smokes.....I need to call Inrange and get my $1475 back for my not so Krinkov Bulgarian Krinkov.  Don't worry AIG, we all know that Krink is slang for short freaken AK

Return it? Well, no- not if it was built to your personal standards of quality, fit and finish, and operates with the reliabiity and accuracy you expect! Aig apparently acquired an M92 parts set, and now is having second thoughts due to some things he's read on the boards. The point I was trying to make is that he has the makings of a fine weapon if properly constructed. And all this "wannabe" stuff is ridiculous! Some guys who buy ready-made guns run down the home-builders. Home-builders run down the ready-mades.  Some home-builders who build on factory made receivers run down the guys who build from flats or blanks- there's even knock-downs between flat and blank builders! And of course we all know your "Krink" can't be a real Krink if you chose to add a barrel extension, rather than go the SBR route! And Kalashnikov himself has said that the '74 in 5.45 is an abomination! So, the point is, whatever ak you want, whether you build it yourself, buy it from a dealer, have it custom built, or pick it up in the aisle at a gun show- shoot the hell out of it, enjoy it for its history and mechanical simplicity. If it's not everything you expected, sell it, trade it, or even better keep it and add another one to your collection. And if it's yours, you can call it whatever you want-Krink, Ak, my piece, even "Baby"  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOGWA- a big P.S. to the above post- I build my own, to original specs of the guns the parts sets came from, to replicate as much as possible the original gun. While no ORIGINAL manufacturer ever designated a gun as "Krinkov", American manufacturers (such as INRANGE) currently offer "Krinkovs" built from parts sets -  We were really talking about 2 different things - So, we're Both Right!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#11]
usjet,
Thank you for the information and the reassurance.
You are correct, I handled an M92 and was very impressed by the quality, after purchasing a kit, I began hearing some things that planted the seed of doubt.
I couldn't understand what people were complaing about, but now I realized it is just a matter of personal preferance.
After some thought, I am still very pleased and plan to go on with the build.

Thanks all,

A|G
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top