Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/6/2007 7:50:09 PM EDT
Are the Yugo SKS and M70, M72 slings all the same sling? I am talking about the green sling with the flat metal tab on one end and a curved flat hook on the other.

I know that the SKS 59/66 rifles come with this sling but am unsure about the AK rifles. Did they use the same for both?

I have an M72 and an M70AB2 and want to sling them each.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:46:03 PM EDT
The slings are the same. There has been some discussion that the later M70's came with the swivel type sling like the Krink. Here are a pic of each.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:29:47 PM EDT
You can use a Yugo SKS sling, it is close to the ones used on the AKs, a member on another forum got a sling with one of his kits and it was just a little wider then an SKS sling but looked the same other wise.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:55:37 PM EDT
Thanks for the Pics!!

I have not see any of the clip-on Yugo slings, but I have seen the hook type slings all over the place. Including on new Yugo SKS rifles. I figured the Army would use the same sling and save having to produce another.

I was at a gunshow this weekend and picked up two Yugo SKS/AK slings for $4 each. Is that a good price?

I have also seen a lot of east German Blue/Grey clip on type slings but wanted to keep it as authentic as possible with my two Yugos.

MJKBERG
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:29:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By coils:
You can use a Yugo SKS sling, it is close to the ones used on the AKs, a member on another forum got a sling with one of his kits and it was just a little wider then an SKS sling but looked the same other wise.

Do you have any pics? That reminds me of a guy on Gunco named Ned Haken who sells them, harping about them being the only true M70 slings. I've had dealings with him... he's a snake.

I've had many SKS/M70 slings and I have noticed what i consider to be manufacturing variations. I have had some that the clip is wider than others, and the greens have been different too. I thing it's a manufacturing issue. The same as with the Krink swivel slings, you'd hold 10 of 'em in you hand and they'd all be different colors.

Every time I wash one the color fades also.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:11:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mjkberg:

I was at a gunshow this weekend and picked up two Yugo SKS/AK slings for $4 each. Is that a good price?

MJKBERG

Who cares. You spent $4. I would guess so, I havent ever seen AK slings go for to much unless they are some "Spetznaz Commando Cosmonaut" version.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:54:06 PM EDT
Actually I do recall seeing a guy on ebay with a whole clothesline full of Yugo slings and they were around $10-$20 each. In that case I got a deal.

My sling is like the first of the two pics but with no rust.

The east german slings I saw were going for $10 each. I think there are more east german slings than there are East German AK's on the market.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:56:41 PM EDT
$4 each is a great deal. Blackthorn sells the swivel slings for $8+ $10 shipping.
Top Top