Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/26/2004 10:33:57 AM EST
I am thinking about getting another SKS and all the models in my area are the yugo's. I was reading that they did not have a chrome bore. Has anyone noticed any kind of a problem with them?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:38:58 AM EST
Only problem is they're REALLY accurate!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:45:02 AM EST
Yugo SKSs are one of the best deals in firearms right now. I have no problems with mine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:57:40 AM EST
They are fine shooters. I just got a excellent condition Yugo from AIM last week and finished the wood to turn it into a select grade. Very impressed, shoots much better than my AKs. When I tell everyone how much I paid they always want one. The wait for the C&R will so pay off when you order something like this.

To the question, there will be no difference to you in chrome vs. non-chrome bores. Shoot non-corrosive ammo and clean it, you'll be fine. Mine is also pretty accurate, I've heard non-chrome bores are. Either way, get one or two!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:49:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By gotm4:

Yep!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:25:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By ColSanders:

Originally Posted By gotm4:

Yep!!

Ditto, they are good shooters.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:19:16 PM EST
SSHHHHHHHHH, we dont need alot of people knowing about these rifles.

Keep it to yourself, lets keep the prices DOWN ON THESE.......
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:42:27 AM EST
I just got mine back together after daaaaaaaaaays of cleaning. That damn thing shoots awesome! It shoots better than my Russian and Chinese SKS on their best day.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:03:42 AM EST
One of the local sporting goods stores had an advertisement this past weekend with the Yugo SKS in it.

I decided I go look just to see what they were all about. For $149.00 I was hoping to see top of the line. I wasn't disappointed.

First off the display was the nicest. Most of the cosmoline was wiped off and the weapon looked perfect in every way. there were no marks in the stock at all and the gun looked brand new.

I'm thinking of snagging at least one for that price. If they had any marks I'd say the price was too high but the gun I saw and another they unboxed to show me were immaculate (minus the tons of cosmoline). Great guns decent deal.

BTW the store was Dunham's sports. They had WASR-10s on sale as well as CETME's. Prices aren't listed on their website so give them a call if they are in your area.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:27:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By wgjhsafT:

BTW the store was Dunham's sports. They had WASR-10s on sale as well as CETME's. Prices aren't listed on their website so give them a call if they are in your area.

Me too. Dunhams in Davenport, IA. Had a door buster sale for $139.95 and I couldn't pass it up! I thought it kinda funny. They had Airsoft AR's for $89. Why would anyone spend that kind of money for a plastic gun when for $50 more you can have a real rifle?

I'd consider mine to be a grade "Excellent" and plan to shoot it in it's original configuration. I don't see the chrome to be an issue.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:32:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 7:33:54 PM EST by MauserMark]
I bought one a few months ago brand new coated in grease and with an accessories pack for 200. Man that shit was hard to get off (grease). Use a good Engine Degreaser, after it was all off it turned out to be the best looking gun I've ever had. Totally outdid my other guns on the range, but I had a few stovepipes about every 3 rounds for a few days. Took it apart again made sure I could get all the grease off and it seems fine now, I think maybe once every few times shooting I'll get a stovepipe or a round won't feed properly. I think it's the ammo I use though, that cheap Royal/Wolf 2.99 ammo from Academy. Only thing is I couldn't get the Bayonet off and stripped the screw trying, so that thing is NOT coming off. And the grenade launcher adds a little weight. I added a scope mount and red dot scope. It's at the top in this picture. Overall it's probably my favorite gun and I own a Bushmaster!

-mark

http://www.desicomputer.com/images/guns800.JPG
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:59:58 PM EST
The Yugo is one awesome weapon. Worth every penny IMO.
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top