Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 3:56:37 PM EDT
At a nearby gunshop there were a set of SKS's for sale for $120. I know that's not exactly the most competetive price but what interested me was that these were never fired or used. They were completely coated entirely with cosmolene. They even had a few flakes of cardboard stuck to it. Everything mint and never used. They were that model with that neat little useless grenade launcher. I also noticed they had flip-up night sights which I never knew that SKS's had.

Considering the superb condition of these... should I buy one?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if that's a reasonable price, I better go grab it up. I've heard of people buying them for much cheaper but considering the conidition of it, it's a reasonable price it seems.

SKS newbie here. How hard is it to get replacement parts for them?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats a good price. I got mine, unfired, for $169.   Here some places for parts.

Parts

Parts

Stay away from the detatchable mags.  They're all junk. Stay with the ten round.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen good condition Yugo's go for less, but I've seen a buttload of them go for much more.  $120 sounds like a pretty good deal to me.  I'd snap it up if I were you!!

Tom
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I dropped 2 bills for mine.  It may have been unfired, but I know it had less than 10 rounds through it if it had been.  It also had 17 pounds of cosmoline in it.  I dropped the mag and pulled the bolt back.  It took about 20 seconds to make it all the way forward with a loud "slurp" sound.    It's due to have the stock smooth sanded and treated with linseed oil.  Doesn't need it, but it'll be even more pretty than it already is.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a deal to me,I would pick it up If I were you.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top