Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:37:18 PM EDT
Being that Romy kits are plentiful, Yugo fixed stocks are not, and taht Polish underfolders are a bit pricey I had this crazy idea to buy some Yugo underfolders and Romy kits and swap the stocks so I geta cheapo 'Romy underfolder' and a Yugo fixed stock.

besides the contour of the wood stock being a bit different and having to remove the Yugo top cover locking pin, should this be a pterry straighforward swap. i.e. shouldn't be a problem fitting a Romy rear trunion in a Yugo reciever and vice versa?

Dawg
(always scheming!)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:41:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 8:42:52 PM EDT by thedukeryan]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:44:01 PM EDT
Dammit.

Thanks Duke, guess I'll keep looking for Yugo fixed stock kits that are in stock...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:57:21 PM EDT
It will work, your not the first one to think of this. Centerfiresystems even offered the underfolder from a POS yugo kit, and the rest romanian so you could do exactly what you want; build a cheap underfolder for a shooter, not a country specific model.

The trunnions are just a little too thin, ive read in the BYI forum you just need to shim it on each side. I dont remember the specifics off the top of my head, but check over there and they will help you do it. Just a thin piece of sheetmetal in between the trunnion and receiver on each side and your golden.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:38:05 AM EDT
A Romanian rear block is too thick to fit into a Yugo M70 receiver, as is.

Here is a source for stamped receiver Yugo M70 fixed stock kits: www.ammunitionstore.com/.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:11:38 AM EDT
Works fine. I didn't even shim it. After I riveted the rear block in, the bolt carrier wouldn't retract all the way. I just needle filed the rails a little bit. Romanian front, yugo under-folder. It's my best-shooting AK build. Do it. Works great.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:40:10 AM EDT
I am betting that a piece of sheetmetal 0.6mm thick on either side of a Yugo trunion will make up the receiver thickness so it will work, being that the Yugo reicever is 1.6mm and the Romy is 1.0mm.

Hmm....

Harlan, thanks for the link. I will give them a call today to find out about their handpick option and see if I can get better bore condition, or at least some cool-ass carvings on the wood.
Top Top