Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/2/2007 2:05:58 PM EDT
Just spoke with my local gunshop dealer who use to sell Century Arms M70AB2 underfolders. He said they were having to many problems with them, canted sights, jams and issues with the folder stocks, so they are selling Arsenals now. Is any of this true or has anyone had any of these problems?
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and I haven't noticed any of those problems. I think it's kind of a hit or miss thing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The Yugo's  have a better than average quality reputation for Century products.  Apparently the drunk monkies are all busy milling out the mag wells of WASR rifles so Century has the Yugo's built somewhere else.

I have a Century fixed stock Yugo M70B1 and it is a fantastic shooter.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have over 500 rounds through my fixed stock, and no issues.  The wood was a little rough tho.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
What about the underfolders? When I looked at one in the shop and tried to fold up the stock there was a little pin that was coming out of the stock mount where it mounted to the receiver. It provented the srock from folding until pushed back in.
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I had that problem. I think the pin was put in wrong. I don't have the problem anymore though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen a bunch of the Century UFs going through a friend of mine's shop.  They've all looked great (I even bought one, heh).  Only one looked like the front sight was a bit canted.
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just spoke with my local gunshop dealer who use to sell Century Arms M70AB2 underfolders. He said they were having to many problems with them, canted sights, jams and issues with the folder stocks, so they are selling Arsenals now. Is any of this true or has anyone had any of these problems?

Canted sights are certainly not unheard of in Century Yugo's, but they're pretty rare. Ditto the stock issues, which are a 60 second fix, 99% of the time.

Jams simply don't happen, unless it's mag related.

I distrust your dealer already.

Link Posted: 11/5/2007 6:25:41 AM EDT
[#8]
So how do you fix the stock problem?
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Search this forum for "wobble".

Not being a smart ass, it's just easier and there'll be pics.

EDIT:

FUCK.

I just searched my ass off and I cant find SHIT. And there have been DOZENS of threads about this.

Damn search functions never fail to piss me off.

Okay. Open the folder halfway. Knock the pin out of the turret, rotate turret til it's snug-er, reinsert pin ... done.

Link Posted: 11/5/2007 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a Yugo M70AB2 underfolder from AIM Surplus.  These Yugos are suppossedly put together by Century.  

Anyway, I was very happy with the fit and finish of my underfolder.  My only complaint was that one of the "ears" on the front sight housing seemed to be bent in slightly.  The finish didn't seem to be damaged at all though....???  Still shoots straight!  Just makes it a little more of a pain to adjust the front sight post for elevation.  But other than that, I'd buy another one is  a heartbeat!
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a M70AB2 from Century in December '06. Has over 1000 rounds through it, maybe up to 250 of them were as fast as I and my friends could go  and not a single jam. I HAD the problem with the stock pin, but fixed it. Sights are perfectly fine in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#12]
is there any fix to the up and down movement of the UF?  I assume it is worn out holes in the reciever that make the up and down movement.  Side to side wobble does not bother me.  I assume the locking nut tightens only side to side movement correct?  I am wary about my new UF its got less than 500 rounds through it and I am noticing more and more side to side & vertical play in the UF.  NIB had 1-2cm of play now has approx 2-3 cm of play..The only fix I assume would be to take UF off weld up the holes and re-drill new ones?  Might just sell the UF back to dealer and pick up fixed instead.  I love the UF style but hate loose stock.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
is there any fix to the up and down movement of the UF?  I assume it is worn out holes in the reciever that make the up and down movement.  Side to side wobble does not bother me.  I assume the locking nut tightens only side to side movement correct?  I am wary about my new UF its got less than 500 rounds through it and I am noticing more and more side to side & vertical play in the UF.  NIB had 1-2cm of play now has approx 2-3 cm of play..The only fix I assume would be to take UF off weld up the holes and re-drill new ones?  Might just sell the UF back to dealer and pick up fixed instead.  I love the UF style but hate loose stock.  

No, you can't fix up-and-down play. You are correct that the nut fixes the side-to-side play only.

Rest assured, you are not wearing out a 1.6mm NodakSpud receiver after 500 rounds. Any increase in play up to this point you can safely assume is normal breaking in of the parts.

But yeah - if a little play in the UF bothers you, trade it in and be done with it.

Link Posted: 11/19/2007 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#14]
The up and down play can be adjusted, but it involves "peening" the holes in the receiver to maek them smaller.

The side to side play is adjustable.  Make sure the retainer nut is tight on the right side.  That can be a culprit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What about the underfolders? When I looked at one in the shop and tried to fold up the stock there was a little pin that was coming out of the stock mount where it mounted to the receiver. It provented the srock from folding until pushed back in.

You need to peen the pin & the wheel so it doesn't fall out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Too many problems??? Sounds like someone who doesnt like CAI for whatever reason.

I'd be wary of this.  I've not seen a Yugo with any problems, and this is the first I've heard regarding "mass" problems.
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I got one with the rear sight not centered (Way off). Sent it back to Century and they fixed it. Otherwise great gun and I am going to get another.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#18]
i have a m70ab2 and i only shot about 7 rounds through it so far and have had a FTE 2 times. The very first time i shot it i had fte. Im gonna put some rounds through it on new years and im pretty sure it will do the same thing so im prepared to send it to century to get it fixed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Just fired my new Century Yugo U/F. Fired 1 round and stoppage. Tried 3 different mags, the hold open it came with, standard 30dr steel, and Bulgarian waffle (didn't feed at all with the Bulgy). Round is chambering, but seems bolt is not closing completely. I can pull it back some and let it go and then it will fire. Using Wolf ammo. Numbers don't match (don't know if that really matters, my SAR 1 shoots great and all numbers match). Didn't clean it before I fired it. Just cleaned a bunch of gunk out of it. Range owner suggested trying some different ammo first, then just firing a few hundred rounds through it before sending it back.....any suggestions??
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
Just fired my new Century Yugo U/F. Fired 1 round and stoppage. Tried 3 different mags, the hold open it came with, standard 30dr steel, and Bulgarian waffle (didn't feed at all with the Bulgy). Round is chambering, but seems bolt is not closing completely. I can pull it back some and let it go and then it will fire. Using Wolf ammo. Numbers don't match (don't know if that really matters, my SAR 1 shoots great and all numbers match). Didn't clean it before I fired it. Just cleaned a bunch of gunk out of it. Range owner suggested trying some different ammo first, then just firing a few hundred rounds through it before sending it back.....any suggestions??

Clean and lube the bolt and carrier. Try to fire some rounds through it. Sounds to me like its just tight and needs some excersize.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the suggestion. I cleaned and lubed the bolt and carrier, then bought Winchester ammo (thought Wolf might be the problem). Fired 30 or so rounds thru it and it started to chamber and fire 2, then 3, then started to work as advertised. Switched back to Wolf and fired flawlessly. As you said, guess it just needed exercise.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top