Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/14/2006 9:15:57 PM EDT
So lets say I pick up one of these Yugo milled underfolder kits from Centerfire systems.
yugo kit from centerfire

I know the front trunnion is set up for the thicker milled receiver, but my question is about the underfolder itself.
Would it fit in a stamped receiver no problem?

Also, if at some future point, could you remove this barrel and put it in a front trunnion for a stamped receiver with no extra fitting?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, the outside width of the milled receiver is the same as the outside width of the stamped reciever, so yes, I think the underfolder mechanism will work on a stamped reciever.  I am on the road now, but if no one verifies I am right, I can double check my memory when I get home.  But to use the UF on a stamped reciever, you will need to get a UF trunnion to fit inside the stamped reciever.  It would probably be possible to make a trunnion by grinding down the milled reciever stub to the right thickness.  Regarding the barrel, good luck getting one in good condition.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top