I picked up a decent M70 U/F kit. I have some questions concerning the rear of the receiver.
1. Will the bolt cutter squeezers go deep enough to get all the rivets on the sides?
2. I am guessing I will have to build a jig to rivet in the grip plate/support on the underside - is this correct?
3. Will a little elbow grease and effort loosen up the staking on the dust cover take down locking pin?
BTW, I haven't yet made my rivet squeezing tool, and if a larger size is needed to get those deep rivets, I'll pick that up before getting the smaller one for a Romy build.
I haven't built mine yet, but here's what I do know.
1. I've read 24" cutters will work if you notch the cross plate on the cutter to reach the lower rivets.
2. That's what I guessed as well.
3. I used a visegrip and a modified screwdriver. Mine required very little effort to remove. Gripped the button with the visegrip (very little pressure) and the nut loosened right off. The staking looks worse than what it is.
I've got two pair of 24" cutters. The $9.99 sale was a no brainer.