Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/24/2007 1:43:15 PM EDT
OK Just got a Yugo UF, Now the question I have is: on the right side it says WASR-10 , now how does that work, did Century use WASR-10 Recivers or what.  I'm happy with it and all Just woundering if all are like this and if it makes a difference in the quality of the rifle.  Havn't shot it yet but can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Franken rifle?  Are you sure that it is a Yugo UF.  Does it have a grenade sight?  Does it have a bulge at the front of the receiver?  Can you take pics?
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It's one of the new century Yugos with the plastic furniture.  Sorry no digital camera.  I was at a gun show (where I got it).  And all of the Century Yugo UF had WASR-10 stamped on the right side.  Same place it is on my Romanian WASR-10.  I will say that I like this rifle and it is much better built than my WASR-10.  No it dosen't have a renade sight.  What do you mean a bulge on the front of the receiver?  Thanks for any help on this.
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
That is bizzare.
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds like the dealer told you it was a yugo  but what you got was one of the wasr-10
underfolder rifles i wold go and find the dealer that sold you the gun and ask for a
75.00 back

and to ansewer  the wasr-10's come with plastic and wood furniture
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
sounds like the dealer told you it was a yugo  but what you got was one of the wasr-10
underfolder rifles i wold go and find the dealer that sold you the gun and ask for a
75.00 back

I thought that at first as well, but the thing is every "Yugo UF" at the show that I saw had WASR-10 stamped on the side.  I saw 4 of them.  2 with wood furniture for $550.00 and 2 with plastic furniture for $475-495.00.  So did I get screwed?

EA : All of the "Yugo UF"  there had tickets on them that said Yugo M70.
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
75.00 back

and to ansewer  the wasr-10's come with plastic and wood furniture[/quote +1   That can't be a yugo from your description.

Link Posted: 3/24/2007 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help guys, Well I'll give her a try at the range see if I like the UF stock and start looking for a real Yugo UF.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Yugo UF

Romanian WASR UF

Link Posted: 3/25/2007 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#9]
New to AK but have researched a bit the last few weeks.

From the pics above and descriptions Ive read. The YUGO uses a longer handguard..You can see from the pic that there are 3 vs. 2 Holes in the handguards.
Link Posted: 3/26/2007 5:05:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Standard handguards will not fit on a Yugo and vice versa.  

Yugos do things a big differently.
Link Posted: 3/26/2007 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]
If it doesn't look like the one above, you got:

Link Posted: 3/27/2007 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I was at that show too and saw the WASR underfolders mis-marked as Yugos. Probably the yahoo guy selling them thought "Yugo" meant "underfolder" or something.

Other than the tag, there was nothing Yugo about them. Standard 1mm reciever, no RPK trunnion bulges, standard plastic handguards, no magwell dimples, etc.

Bummer man... go get your money back. A WASR is NOT a Yugo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2007 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I was at the show and I remember seeing that guy there, those were not yugo's, even that they had yugo tag on them. i already told a guy there looking at them that it was not a yugo and he walked away, maybe the dealer thought that nobody would know the difference. call him up and get some money back, dont let this one slip.                         good luck......keep us posted
Link Posted: 3/28/2007 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't know how true this is because I never really looked at them, building my own no need to buy an assembled rifle.

But I heard Century was taking WASRers and putting Yugo UFs on them since so many kits came in with bad barrels or were just in such poor condition they were basicly junk, ever notice how many places have individual parts for the Yugo's for sale.
Maybe he got one of these mutt guns?
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw one of the WASR UF at a local store today...... I asked to see it & thought it was a Yugo...... I noticed the lack of mag well dimples & I swear it had the long yugo handguards, but a non-yugo pistol grip...... The lady said you don't want that one you want this one, and produced a Yugo UF....... Needless to say the savings account is now a lot smaller!
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was at the show and I remember seeing that guy there, those were not yugo's, even that they had yugo tag on them. i already told a guy there looking at them that it was not a yugo and he walked away, maybe the dealer thought that nobody would know the difference. call him up and get some money back, dont let this one slip.                         good luck......keep us posted

i hate these kind of thiefs!!!!  i remember a few years back...a dealer at a local show was selling WASR's...with a sign saying they were SAR 1's......with a another sign that read "Get them while you can !!! "  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like the monkeys at Century mis-tagged the WASR and the dealer didn't know the difference between a Yugo and a Romy.  A not too uncommon train-wreck of misinformation or carelessness.  I am not at all surprised Century would put incorrect trigger guard tags on their rifles; after all, they include a WASR owner's manual with each "new" Century Galil!!  At least the WASR has an imported chrome lined barrel and an imported receiver going for it, as well as using standard AKM parts.  If the WASR UF shoots okay, I'd probably keep it.  If you really wanted a Yugo though, you didn't get what you thought you were paying for.  
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top