BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2006 11:34:18 PM EDT
Just got this after Christmas/New Years from: http://www.elitefirearms.net

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL199/1080078/2029178/124745725.jpg

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL199/1080078/2029178/124745869.jpg

Would have been sooner, but the FFL Dealer I go through was on vacation until after New Years.

I talked to Dave personally, and he hooked me up with an all original kit build that had an excellent condition original barrel. I know what I paid was a bit more than what some of the other sites have them for, but I wanted as close to original as possible.

The only downside is, I live in NY. For those who do not know, NY still has an Assault Weapons Ban in effect, and I'm one evil feature over the limit. I've already started the process of getting the underfolder set up so that it doesn't fold without special tooling that I will not be carrying with me to the range.

I also have the original pistol grip, but I didn't have it at the time when I took the pictures.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Far be it from me to piss in your Cheerios , and being from NY myself
I understand the frustration because of the stupid AWB .

But you might want to consider editing this post
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:50:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Why's that? It's at a gunsmith getting the work done to the stock as we speak, so it can't be folded. The smith even told me he'd make sure it would need a special tool to make it foldable again just in case for some strange reason NY drops the AWB.

More than likely it will be in the open position from now on, because NY is turning into another CA as far as gun laws go.

As far as the original pistol grip goes, that's not even touching the frame except for pictures. Then in storage it goes with the rest of the stuff I'm legally allowed to own as long as it's never used.

It has all the 922r compliance parts it needs, the bayonet lugs have already been shaved off, the U.S. made slant brake is silver soldered on, and now the folder will no longer be a folder when I get it back. Being that it's a detachable magazine gun I am allowed only one so-called "evil" feature, so I decided to keep the pistol grip, and the only magazine that I chamber any rounds is a 10 round Chinese magazine. Believe me, I make sure that I don't do anything to be Bubbas cell partner.

Pretty much what I have now is one of them Romanian WASR's, neutered to the hilt, that you can purchase legally at any gun show in NY.

It's pathetic that I had to destroy a perfectly built gun, just so I could own it legally.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why you guys all comply with this shit when the federal law gives you those rights.  The states have WAY overstepped on those issues.  I'm in FL and have no issues local, state or federal.  I feel for you guys though.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top