Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/16/2008 7:05:16 PM EDT
So I took my Yugo out shooting about two weeks ago. We fired about 130rds through it. What amazed me was the gun's remarkable accuracy. From a seated position, elbows resting on my knees, I easily put five rounds into one ragged hole at 40yards. Wow. I was NOT expecting this sort of performance, and it did it over and over again. I could easily hit any random object or piece of junk on the berm.

One puzzling malfunction that occurred was that after a few rounds, the bolt carrier assembly jammed far to the rear, and nothing I did would dislodge it. The bolt itself was jiggling free in the carrier, though so just the carrier appeared to be jammed. After I removed the top cover, it snapped back into place. I still have no idea what caused this problem, but it occurred early in the session, and didn't appear again.

All in all, I am very pleased with the rifle. The paracord-wrapping on the stock is very comfortable and makes a proper and repeatable cheekweld.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:55:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't say mine shoots that well but it is definitely fairly accurate especially for the reputation of the AK.

Recently had mine out to the range with a friend who has a Saiga in .223.  We set up some pop/soda cans at 50 yards and were shooting them down.  I gave him the Yugo and he did OK with it.  

We reset the targets and even set some out at 100 yards.  I had no problem shooting offhand nailing the cans at 50 and 100 yards.  At 50 it was easy.  100 yards was a little harder for me because I hate AK sights.  Still though, usually one shot, one can.  

I really like this AK.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
i love the AK sights, i just wish that the night sights worked on them.  i like the bigger bang i get from my ak vs. my ar.  just feels a little better and i dont mind the bit more recoil.

i also have 550 cord on my uf, and it does seem to help with the cheek weld.  i have found that if u take a knife, and heat it up super hot, you can press it to the knots on your cord on the stock and melt it permanently on there.  

and as far as accuracy, i like to shoot the pop cans at the 50 and 100 as well.  i like the reaction i get outta them versus a paper target.  and... u know if u hit it or not.  and its just fun!    
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate iron sights period.  I shoot well with them, I just don't like them.  All my ARs wear optics of some sort, and 2 of my AKs have red dots.  The rest of my AKs, I just live with it.  I have too many AKs to put optics on all of them.  AKs just seem handier and cleaner with irons anyway.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, i am lookin to get an aimpoint T-1 for my ar.  i found a thread where i can cut down the carry handle so that the rear sight is more less a buis.  its pretty neat.  that will be my project for tonite.  i do wish that the yugo aks were a little more accepting of red dots tho.  thats my biggest pet peeve.  damn aks, almost perfect!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yeah, i am lookin to get an aimpoint T-1 for my ar.  i found a thread where i can cut down the carry handle so that the rear sight is more less a buis.  its pretty neat.  that will be my project for tonite.  i do wish that the yugo aks were a little more accepting of red dots tho.  thats my biggest pet peeve.  damn aks, almost perfect!

I've seen that thread and pics on the AR side.  Done right it looks very good.  I think the T-1 is an excellent choice, I plan on getting one myself in the not too distant future.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top