Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/7/2005 10:23:31 AM EDT
I have a new in the white Bulgarian SLR-100H receiver. I bought it to build my Russian kit on. I didn't really care that it was press and pin instead of threaded.

Well, now I'm going to so much trouble making this gun as nice and authentic as possible... the idea of press and pin build would probably bother me later. So I'm thinking of selling it to buy a Firing Line receiver for threaded barrels. Especially since they moved the eagle to the bottom and will be doing cryillic selector markings.

You guys think I could get $390 for an SLR-100H rec? I'd really like to sell it for what the new FL receiver will cost me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:37:53 AM EDT
This is just my opinion but if you want an authentic Russian type III copy I think you're still better off with a bulgarian milled receiver than a Firing Line. The machining on the Bulgarian receiver is much more authentic (selector notch, mag well lightening cut) , as is the style of serial number.

If you don't like the exposed pin look you can have the area silver soldered and file it smooth.

Don't get me wrong, function and quality wise there's nothing wrong with the Firing Line receiver but everytime I see one it just bugs me on how they do the machining.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:48:22 PM EDT
I am not a builder but would agree with what Darkest said. I bought a Gordon Tech SLR 100H and you cannot tell where the barrel is pinned. InRange has it now to install the side sling swivel and switch out the neutered Hungarian gas block and FSB with Russian parts.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:23:48 PM EDT
I'm also thinking of going with the FL receiver because they will build the rifle pretty low cost with a decent turn around.

I was going to have IGF build it.. but I really don't feel like waiting 6 months again for a build. Plus he charges alot to build an AK.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:25:46 PM EDT
Heres mine...

Need to get the FSB and Gasblock done too!!!

What is INRANGE charging for that???

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:13:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Darkest2000:
This is just my opinion but if you want an authentic Russian type III copy I think you're still better off with a bulgarian milled receiver than a Firing Line. The machining on the Bulgarian receiver is much more authentic (selector notch, mag well lightening cut) , as is the style of serial number.

If you don't like the exposed pin look you can have the area silver soldered and file it smooth.

Don't get me wrong, function and quality wise there's nothing wrong with the Firing Line receiver but everytime I see one it just bugs me on how they do the machining.

BIG +1, keep the one you have ...
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:18:17 PM EDT
Going back to your original question, I think you would be hard pressed to find a buyer that would pay you $390 for an Arsenal receiver.

Arsenal complete rifles can be found used for not much more than that.
I picked up a used SLR95 for $475 not too long ago. I've seen them go for less but missed the oportunity.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:35:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kyarguy:
Heres mine...
img141.imageshack.us/img141/5045/dscf00755sw.jpg
Need to get the FSB and Gasblock done too!!!

What is INRANGE charging for that???

KyARGuy

I spy an AKM brake on that AK-47 clone!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:45:18 PM EDT
I think you're hitting the pipe a little too hard. A complete Arsenal gun, like a SAM-7 Carbine can be had for about $650. Almost $400 for just the receiver is a bit too much. But you never know. List it and see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:48:32 PM EDT
the 100h is getting rare
id say its worth 350 ish
but i agree with everyone else
its a better rec than the FL and more correct even with the press and pin
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:58:24 PM EDT
At $350 for a 100H receiver, it's cheaper to buy a SLR95 or maybe even a SA M-7, strip the parts and sell them as a kit, then use the receiver.

Somebody is smoking crack.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:01:32 AM EDT
a 100h rec is undrilled

so its not the same
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:16:57 AM EDT

I am in the market for one of those SLR100H receivers, but when they hit $300 last summer I was priced out of the market.

I could afford it, but I don't want to feel raped everytime I look at it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:39:40 AM EDT
$390.00 is just about what I paid for each of 2 SLR100H rifles I once owned so I wouldn't give you that but if you have a buyer go for it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:47:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By socandyman:
a 100h rec is undrilled

so its not the same

I don't see much diffrerence in the barrel pin hole being undrilled.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:06:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2005 8:09:50 AM EDT by NovaHokie9]
Yeah skeet, put down the crack pipe. $390 is ridiculous and absurd to boot. Obvioulsy, the bulgy receiver is more correct (even being pinned). You just want the build faster so you can live your fantasy of screaming, "WOLVERINES!!!!" with an AK above your head on Bragg Blvd.

ETA: this thread needs a poll
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2005 8:49:57 PM EDT by Kyarguy]

What is the proper brake to have on it??

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2005 8:59:41 PM EDT by Darkest2000]

Originally Posted By Kyarguy:
What is the proper brake to have on it??

KyARGuy

You need a "muzzle nut".
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:38:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:23:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By selfishselfless:
dskeet,

e-mail me regarding your SLR100 receiver.

Thanx.
Sammy

Sorry man, I decided to use it. I just sent it off for engraving the other day.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:20:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dskeet:

Sorry man, I decided to use it. I just sent it off for engraving the other day.

What engraved and what company?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:17:12 PM EDT
I'm having Tom Sawyer Mfg do Russian selector markings and the arsenal mark.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:11:32 AM EDT
I can't wait to see this build - say, where did you get that nice Russian kit at?

I will echo what the others said, the Bulgarian is a better receiver. It is milled from a forging and is pretty true to the type III Russian pattern. The Firing Line Receivers are nice and getting more authentic, but I would still do the Bulgarian with your kit. They also do great builds
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:20:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:

a 100h rec is undrilled

so its not the same

headspace a new barrel on a drilled rec/trunnion
then come tell me that
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:22:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:

a 100h rec is undrilled

so its not the same

headspace a new barrel on a drilled rec/trunnion
then come tell me that

Actually a wonder if there is enough "meat" to actually thread the receiver?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:30:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 6:31:47 AM EDT by JOHNO]

Originally Posted By Burninammo: InRange has it now to install the side sling swivel and switch out the neutered Hungarian gas block and FSB with Russian parts.
How and why would they neuter the gas block on a type III?I had a G-Tech SLR100,they cut the hooks off of the FSB because thats where the bayonet attaches on a type III but the gas block was intact.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:24:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lancew:
I can't wait to see this build - say, where did you get that nice Russian kit at?

I will echo what the others said, the Bulgarian is a better receiver. It is milled from a forging and is pretty true to the type III Russian pattern. The Firing Line Receivers are nice and getting more authentic, but I would still do the Bulgarian with your kit. They also do great builds

I got the kit from Sportsmans Guide about a year ago, before all the nice ones dried up. Its a nice kit, just not numbers matching. No big deal to me.

Once I get the receiver back its all going to IGF for assembly, then to Missouri Custom Armament for hot bluing. It should turn out really nice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:25:27 AM EDT
Top Top