Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:10:17 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been asked before, but here goes. On K-var's web site there is fine print relating to their parts kits

"According to Federeal importation restrictions the barrels from AK-74 Parts Set can only be used for repair & replacement. The barrels can not be used to build 922(r) compliant guns."

I have noticed disclaimers like this on other web sites as well. What does this mean? If I can't use the barrel to build with, then what good is the kit? I have no desire to break any firearm laws, but I know sometimes resellers go a little disclaimer-happy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Possibly something having to do with a short barrel or it being threaded?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:30:26 AM EDT
[#2]
This is not a legal finding or anything like that but the current opinion of many of us gunnuts is that the prohibition of using current part kits to build new firearms is meant for the tax paid manufacturer and not the home builder.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top