Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2003 4:43:56 AM EDT
Can we get our Board of Ed. to implement this too?  

www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,2763,1062300,00.html

edit to make link active

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:57:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:13:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That is why we are becoming a nation of pussys..The scary part is the whole world knows it!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
anyone remember when our high schools and colleges had shooting teams?

No we don't Campy, you are showing your age again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Pave

Thats great, instead of keep our children away from guns, we should edjucate them about guns..I learned to shoot real young and I never ever shot anyone or had "ACCIDENTS"...Keep up the good work!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I've done many reports in high school and college dealing with firearm laws, proper care, and history of guns. I shocked my speech class when I did an informative speech of the AK-47. I've had very conservative teachers so I have been told many times they do not want to see another gun paper. Then I inform them that I want to get a firearms related career and they usually allow it. I even had a very conservative teacher totally against guns ask for a copy of my how an AK-47 operates paper to use as an example. I took that as a great compliment.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably best to start with something like a .22LR for kids and leave the assault rifles for later so as to give them more respect for them.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:50:44 AM EDT
[#9]
My favorite reaction from kids/teenagers is when they for the first time fire an AK47 at the range.  Nothing beats an honest smile on a kids face after unloading a 30 round mag. :)

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:55:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Before i left russia in 1992 and for some time after, these classes were REQUIRED in school...not only AK stripping, but basic military education for both girls and boys. later it was changed to boys and girls went to some kind of homemaking classes.
Heh, i remember the AK's were really worn out, cant recall if they were deactivated, i do not think so. No live ammo at school, just dummies.
And..if you want to quickly strip rounds from the mag, just point it bullets to ground, hold it in left hand, and use a cartridge tip in right to push rounds down. Easy...
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#13]
"Conservatives against firearms? Are they REALLY "conservative", or do they just pretend?"

TR,

It's not black & white that conservatives are pro-gun and liberals anti-gun.

I've known several fiscal & religious conservatives that are anti-gun, as well as several socially liberal folks that are pro-gun. Heck GWB says he will reauthorize the AWB if it hits his desk.  In my book he's anti-gun then. I've never seen GWB hunting or with a gun in his hand.

There are gun owners that just want their shotguns & the hell with anything else. Gun control is all about "people control" and there's ALOT of rich conservatives that would like to see us poor folks without the means of challenging them if it came to that someday, god forbid.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I learned to strip AK's in high school also, we would have a little competition and do it blindfolded.
Vit
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top