Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/18/2012 9:41:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/18/2012 12:20:12 PM EST by RDF06]
Well I decided I didn't like the quad rail I had on one of my AMD's and decided to replace with traditional AK guards. 1st step was to round up a set of wooden ones and a AK gas tube. Modified the tube to fit and sanded down and refinished the guards and sealed.

Got all that done and installed them on the AMD. I really like the way it feels and looks now. What say you ??

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:04:51 AM EST
Nice job!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:05:17 PM EST
Looks really good!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:51:11 PM EST
What did you have to do to the gas tube in order for it to fit? I was thinking of picking up another AMD and doing something to it other than leaving it in standard config?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:10:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By ZEROTHOMAS:
What did you have to do to the gas tube in order for it to fit? I was thinking of picking up another AMD and doing something to it other than leaving it in standard config?

All you do is cut about 1 inch off of a std AK tube and "flare" out the end of it with a 3/8 socket to match the old one. That's about it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:26:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By RDF06:

All you do is cut about 1 inch off of a std AK tube and "flare" out the end of it with a 3/8 socket to match the old one. That's about it.

yeah i figured that. What about the lower handguard? Any mods required?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:45:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/28/2012 1:31:24 PM EST by RDF06]
Originally Posted By RDF06:

yeah i figured that. What about the lower handguard? Any mods required?

Just cut 2 notches, at the top ( 1 on each side ) in the end where the retaining clip is (about a 1/8 " will do it) Slide it on and lock 'er down.
Top Top