Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/8/2004 9:45:45 AM EDT
Took it out for the second time.

The first time it was shooting about 3 feet hight and about 2 feet to the left.

Posted about changing the sights, got feedback and it helped.

Currently the front sight is almost all the way out (to the very top of the ring) and pushed all the way to the left (near the side of the ring). It still shoots about 6 inches high and about 6 inches to the left and this is at about 50 feet. With my friends Yugo SKS I am dead on, so its not the shooter.

Mine is a Yugo SKS and has that muzzle cap at the end. If you look at it from the side you can see it is angled up a bit and wonder if it could be causing the problem.

What gives? Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at the crown on the uzzle to see if the bullet is hitting it on the way out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Even though off center, how are the groups?  Do the sights look straight? as in not canted or crooked in relation to the gasblock, rear site and trunion?  

Another alternative might be a williams or mojo peep site on the rear if all else fails, these are adjustable.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, I called the dealer who sold me the item and they are taking it back. i will post back to let everyone know how it goes.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top