Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:23:03 AM EST
Care to own one of the Kalashnikovs used in Red Dawn? Many of us were "introduced" to the AK by this movie. Now's your chance to own a cool piece of film history.

Link to Gunbroker auction
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:59:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 4:59:56 AM EST by Ballistoholic]
The auction ends Sunday, on my birthday.

I shall tell my wife immediately.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:29:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ballistoholic:
The auction ends Sunday, on my birthday.

I shall tell my wife immediately.

SELL, SELL wife immediately. She will understand though, you're just funding a tribute to Patrick Swayze, she'll be fine with it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:27:41 AM EST
If I had the money to go pissing away on that thing I'd be throwing a winning bid in there in a heartbeat! If I had the extra cash right now I'd damn sure pay $3000 for it. I'd post that mother up on Arfcom too...."Ever thought of paying $3000 for a Maadi? I did, here's why..."

Seriously, that's bad ass. I work in an office and was telling a few of the dudes around here about it and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. I was a kid back in the mid-80's when that movie came out and thought it was awesome back then. I bought it on DVD a couple years ago. Turns out, it's STILL awesome!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:03:56 AM EST
They're making a new Red Dawn... and apparently instead of cubans/russians, it's going to be chinese/russians, oh and tom cruises son.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:30:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By GreenJelly:
They're making a new Red Dawn... and apparently instead of cubans/russians, it's going to be chinese/russians, oh and tom cruises son.

I'm really getting tired of Hollywood doing retreads. There are so many great stories out there that could be made into terrific movies. Joe Haldeman's sci fi classic novel The Forever War and Jack Broughton's Vietnam War narratives Thud Ridge and Going Downtown immediately come to mind.

I didn't see the recent Star Trek redeux. I doubt very much I'll see the Red Dawn remake. Some things should just be left as they are...classics.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:22:05 PM EST
+1 Going Downtown. At least they did Flight of the Intruder.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:16:41 PM EST
I got one too for sale too.....Let me print out that certificate of authenticity......Boom $500 dollar AK is now $2500.....trinsic value is hard to establish.
Color me sceptical
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:11:51 PM EST
All of the AK rifles are severely overpriced. Unfortunately with so many that have the mentality of, "If I had the money to spend, I'd be all over that," it does nothing but help continue the yearly inflation of the rifles and parts. Sellers know buyers in this hobby inflate the value of their own stuff every so often, and that helps to create the prices we see. Sadly, we (the AK community) have no one to blame but ourselves for the self-created and ever-increasing value of our hobby.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:06:50 PM EST
Weird I'm actually watching Red Dawn as I read this...
Top Top