Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:21:08 PM EDT
Has anybody heard when this is going to be hitting the shores?   70gr. lovin in the 5.45 cant hardly wait.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
WaMag why are you happy to see this?  From what I understand, the 5.45x39 70 grain will be traveling around 2450 FPS.  I may be off a bit on the FPS, but that is not nearly what is offered by the 60 grain ammo now.  Most reports about 70 grain ammo claim it is not very accurate from the AK74.  I have no experience shooting this weight, but do you have any additional info why this would be the best choice?  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd buy any 5.45 ammo right now, and if the Russians are using it, it cant be all that bad.  Can it?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree that any ammo would be better than nothing.  I did not know the Russian military was using this weight bullet.   Thanks WaMag.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WaMag why are you happy to see this?  From what I understand, the 5.45x39 70 grain will be traveling around 2450 FPS.  I may be off a bit on the FPS, but that is not nearly what is offered by the 60 grain ammo now.  Most reports about 70 grain ammo claim it is not very accurate from the AK74.  I have no experience shooting this weight, but do you have any additional info why this would be the best choice?  Thanks

the FPS was off because in the test they used a krinkov with a 7in barrel not a rifle, so naturaly the FPS is slower  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
That would be about the only way it could be that low!  
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top