Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 2:07:30 AM EDT
Yesterday I bought a case of Wolf 7.62x39 SP for $170. The price hurts but does it at least feed good in most/all 7.62x39 AK`s?

BTW it was that or nothing.

Can`t some ammo makers here make some steel cased ammo? Like CCI Blazer?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]
What we are seeing is a ground swell of demand from people wakeing up to the need to be prepared.
Every single person who owns a rifle in this calibre is stocking up. I guarntee it, and every time we get a small load in from overseas, it is sucked up before it can meet all our needs.

It will ease. It will ease.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:43:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok but does Soft Point ammo feed reliably?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#3]
centerfire has that same ammo in stock for $130 or so per k.

ETA centerfire is out. i have never had any feed issues with wolf 154 grain sp. i have found it to be much more accurate in my sa85 rofle than the 122/123 grain stuff
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a case of Wolf SP today from Ammunition Store at a local gun show for $129. People were grabbing it as fast as the guy could put it out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The only real way to tell is to fire it in your weapon. In general, most military style weapons are not designed to feed hollow- or soft point rounds. However, the AK has a very shallow feed angle so it probably would with no problem. I've never liked the hollow point stuff cause I've seen cases where it was fired into ballistic gelatin and it mushroomed immediately and only penetrated 3-4 inches. I'll stick with ball ammo to be sure. Softpoint would probably work better but who knows what you may be feeding it into in the future...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#7]
My Mak90's eat soft point Barnaul well, and usually hollow point with out problems except for one magazine that feeds everything else.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#8]
This ammo price fucking we are getting is as screwed as the price of gas.

I paid 100 per 1K of wolf FMJ in Dec !! Now these scumbags want 150 and up..
They can keep it all for themselves, its not as if I have to shoot my AK and buy 1k.

Just like .223, reloads used to be about 145 per 1k, last show these low lifes were charging 25 more
per 1k..Come guys its still reloads and you can buy factory cheaper !!

Give me a frigging break !
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top