Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 5:33:13 PM EDT
The title pretty much says it! I just got an e-mail from them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Prices like this should not come as any surprise.  These months should have prepared us for this certain rise in price.  The days of dirt cheap ammo may well be gone.  While average prices may not be like those shown by Eric, they will never be like they were last year.  It was fun while it lasted.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Prices like this should not come as any surprise.  These months should have prepared us for this certain rise in price.  The days of dirt cheap ammo may well be gone.  While average prices may not be like those shown by Eric, they will never be like they were last year.  It was fun while it lasted.

why is that? "Lucy you got some splain'n to do...."

Just curious what makes ya say it thats all.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#6]
also since theres a 30 round mag war going on price wise, cant we get an ammo price war going on....that would be great for the consumer, the AR mag prices are so low every time I see the price or 8 or 9 bucks I cant help but buy some, just not used to it still.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I think your question is a fair one Cold.  I do not have any special knowledge or crystal ball that I can say with certainty prices will be noticeably higher.  Nor can I state with finality that surplus ammo for AKs will no longer be available as they have been.
I have two AK47s, two AK74s and one SKS than need ammo.  Because of this, I have been listening with much interest the reasons why AK ammo is not as plentiful as it once was.  There must be a few dozen reasons why the delay continues.  I have heard everything from Russian Mafia to frozen shipping lanes.  I also understand the urgent need of our military to supply others and the needs of South American dictators to fortify their troops from American imperialism.  The only reason that makes any sense to me is that no one really knows.  Why could this not be a regular occurrence in the future?  
Imagine not having Wolf or Barnual available at what we might consider a fair price.  What if those makers decided to charge just a few cents more?  That is certainly not unreasonable or unfair of them.  They are there to make as much money as they can.  They are not in the business of running a charity.  If two cents, why not eight cents per round more.  Just how many people with AK 74 do we imagine will sell their rifles rather than pay what the manufacture charges?
I should have stated in my earlier post that I “had a hunch” that future surplus ammo and the Russian imports will have higher prices than in the past.  It is simply a gut feeling.  I feel that Wolf, and some of the other popular Russian ammo makers, have established and positioned themselves so well that even if they up their prices they do not have any serious competition.  And without competition we all know what happens to prices.  Just my take on things.  Thanks for a friendly call out Cold.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks for the reply, I thought maybe I had missed something along the way, i just got 2 SKS's so im now back in to the AK ammo market again, I am looking to pick up 1k rounds, I got ammo mans email and thought 149 was a bit high, but had no clue over a year ago it was hovering around 100 bucks for 1k rounds....ugh, I must say you make a valid point, if it happens now...why not later etc.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#9]
My Dad went to the Gunshow in Tulsa this past weekend.  He said they were asking $80 per 500.  So Ammoman is'nt looking that bad, considering that's shipped.  FWIW, anyway.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]
As Aimless stated, the ammo looks to be arriving shortly.  If that is the case, I will be first in line to start the buying frenzy.  7.62x39 I can get now, but I need more 5.45x39 to store away.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#11]
wish i had some money during these kinds of deals... oh well, as long as i got my ar15, i'll never run out of good deals on ammo.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
"wish i had some money during these kinds of deals... oh well, as long as i got my ar15, i'll never run out of good deals on ammo."  Amen to that!  Do not forget the lowly .22 rimfire during hard times.  Lots of good training can be done cheaply.  A real aid to marksmanship.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#14]
ALL SOLD OUT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#16]
mine shipped out today!  It's more than I wanted to pay...  but I got it.  The other option was using my new AK as a coat hanger.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top