Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2010 10:55:06 AM EDT
Considering buying an ak with either one of these stocks. Which would be better if you really had to get on a bench and aim at something. Cheek weld I guess is what I am looking for. Wood would be best I know. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
They both suck mightily from the bench.  Cheekweld blows with both IMO.

The nice thing about an underfolder is that the width of the rifle doesn't change with the stock folded.

A wire folder such as the Romanian version is MUCH sturdier than any underfolder I have owned or shot.

The Romy wire folder gives you the option to go back to a fixed stock anytime you desire.

Unless you have mad skills or money to burn, an underfolder will always be an underfolder.

My 2 cents on the matter...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They both suck mightily from the bench.  Cheekweld blows with both IMO.

The nice thing about an underfolder is that the width of the rifle doesn't change with the stock folded.

A wire folder such as the Romanian version is MUCH sturdier than any underfolder I have owned or shot.

The Romy wire folder gives you the option to go back to a fixed stock anytime you desire.

Unless you have mad skills or money to burn, an underfolder will always be an underfolder.

My 2 cents on the matter...

+1 They both suck but the Wire folder would be the better choice I think for a cheek weld. However, there is a company that makes an add-on to make a better cheek weld for underfolders.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top